• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1967 Chevy C50 farm truck

• Staff

Just thought I would share what I'm doing with this old girl. We bought this to use as a grain truck/dump truck around the farm. It was cheap and it works so it fit the bill.

54054.jpeg

Yesterday I was trying to get the heater working. I found exactly what I expected. The heater box and blower was converted to a mouse condo. The blower motor works when tested out of the truck. I believe the switch may be bad, or a wiring issue. It had no power when in the truck. I removed it to inspect and found the mouse house. Then removed the entire heater box from under the hood to find even more. I'm now in the process of cleaning this all out and replacing heater hoses since they were brittle and broke when moved out of the way. 

I will be replacing the hoses today and cleaning things up a little more then on to the heater controls in the cab. The switch lever for the fan seems to be froze up. Then test the switch itself. I'd like to get heat going for the fall harvest this year. Also need to haul some stone in for the driveway.

IMG_20200423_115649284.jpg

IMG_20200423_121907752.jpg

• Staff

I would try a fine mist spray of disinfectant down the intake with the blower on. Straight alcohol would be my preference, except for the blower motor brushes sparking and flame up the alcohol. :doh:

On 4/27/2020 at 7:19 PM, Doubletrouble said:

I tried fabreeze directly into the blower. I don't have any disinfectant on hand and can't seem to find any at the stores for some reason 

I have to use a whole bottle on mine when I take the wife on a trip in mine. One half the bottle in the cab and pour the other half down the vent. She aint much on cigarettes. 

I couldn't take a 450 mile drive in her Saturn. That is a one hour ride time car for me.

Edited by dripley