• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

FASS 165 electrical install question

6 minutes ago, jtrakel said:

Yeah I'm going to give it some more tomorrow in hopes I did give it enough time to clear out the air, with the way this truck has been thus far I'm nervous about not replacing the VP44 when I already had it removed but that will be for another day. I've dumped enough $$ into this rig already time for it to run hopefully!

If the VP is not giving you trouble l would not have replaced it.

• Staff

If you have the relay wired with the ECM triggering it then you can get the fuel pump to run without bumping the ignition/starter.   You can remove the relay and put a jumper wire between terminals 30 and 87 in the plug;  as long as that jumper wire is there the fuel pump will run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

If you have the relay wired with the ECM triggering it then you can get the fuel pump to run without bumping the ignition/starter.   You can remove the relay and put a jumper wire between terminals 30 and 87 in the plug;  as long as that jumper wire is there the fuel pump will run.

Thanks @IBMobile you have been a tremendous help today along with everyone else!! Random question, will fuel make it up to the fuel rail without the truck turning over? If I just have the pump running like you just described should I see fuel at the rail with the lines cracked open?

Got the truck running this morning after letting the pump run some more. As I was doing a leak check I noticed two different areas are leaking oil. 

first is right next to the VP44 where I grounded the wires for the W-T mod. I used a red lead to show, it’s bubbling out of the grey RTV looking area. Should I just reseal this area or do you think it calls for removing the front half of the cover and replacing gaskets? ?1BB7CF92-4D7B-45BF-AFF5-8959DA705965.jpeg.3e1da44f18e88d9f82528642f56ce7cf.jpeg

next leak is coming from the OEM fuel pump location where I installed the delete plate, it has a gasket on it but it’s definitely leaking from that spot maybe some RTV?

You could try cleaning up the first spot and sealing it. It might work. If not its not a tough job to pull the just time consuming. Did mine a while back. You will need a new front main seal while in there.  Rtv would work fine on the delete plate.

7 minutes ago, Threadzy said:

Thanks @IBMobile installed my lift pump relay today. 15 amp pump fuse and 2 amp ECM fuse. Thank you sir! 

46FB9AF9-DF7E-4FF5-B1FC-B916DC56BCD3.jpeg

Looks like a clean setup, where did you get that relay from? I've been searching around town and cannot find anything with a resistor incorporated (online is next obviously).

Also do you mind providing me with how you have everything wired up for the FASS pump, I see you mentioned a in line fuse going to the ECM etc. I have not seen that before.

Cheers!

1 minute ago, jtrakel said:

Looks like a clean setup, where did you get that relay from? I've been searching around town and cannot find anything with a resistor incorporated (online is next obviously).

Also do you mind providing me with how you have everything wired up for the FASS pump, I see you mentioned a in line fuse going to the ECM etc. I have not seen that before.

Cheers!

I just followed @IBMobile guide. He linked it on your thread. He even gives the NAPA part number relay that has the diode. It’s on the first page. I bought two. For a backup. 

On 4/25/2020 at 10:02 AM, IBMobile said:

Wire your relay like this.

@jtrakel

3 minutes ago, Threadzy said:

I just followed @IBMobile guide. He linked it on your thread. He even gives the NAPA part number relay that has the diode. It’s on the first page. I bought two. For a backup. 

@jtrakel

Thanks, guess I just blasted through that article to fast during the day! I'll have to look back over it. :doh:

• Like 1