• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Random dead pedal

23 hours ago, Dave f said:

UPDATE,  after nearly 200 miles dead pedal problem is still gone yaay. Still kinda nervous about fuel pressure with the stock lift pump tho my edge juice w/attitude shows 17-18 psi at idle and can draw down to 10-11 psi when I hammer the throttle on a good uphill incline in stock mode. Is it accurate or does it appear the stock  lift pump may be weak. Just want to know if I have a little time before I can get it replaced.

Glad its working good now.

As for the lift pump, ultimately you'll want about 15 PSI or higher at all times to ensure the fuel is circulating through the VP44 (the overpressure opens at ~13psi).  You're numbers aren't too bad but I wouldn't wait too long to get a better lift pump on there.  If you only have to run it like this for 3 weeks to get it into the shop then I think you'll be ok, just keep an eye on that pressure reading. :thumbup2:

I see you're in Hillsboro, I'm just down the road in Cornelius.  What shop are you taking it to for the lift pump?

1 hour ago, Dave f said:

Not sure about a shop yet I have spoke with pure addiction do you have any recommendations . Im thinking about a fass setup but not firm on it yet 

I put a FASS in mine.  I did it myself.  It's not difficult to install.  If you have to have a shop do it, Pure Addiction is the only one I know in Hillsboro area.  They are a little on the expensive side (probably because they are one of the only choices in town).

I live in nw oregon not a lot of snow here, we get it ocaisionally but usually not much and the temps rarely stay below freezing during the day. And everything shuts down when we get more than a couple of inches lol

Well now approx 500 miles and still no issues. Just ordered the raptor 4g 100 gph lift pump and a k &n cold air kit. Any suggestions/tips on install.also any suggestions on a ho alternator

Edited by Dave f
Omitted info

Can anyone tell me if this is a stock lift pump on my truck. I watched an installation video from thoroughbred and it does not look the same as mine just want to be sure I'm going to replace it regardless .

1590871159632499358529.jpg

Ok, great info thank you. So what your saying is don't waste my $$$ on a cold air setup :thumbup2:

Yes. Keep your cold air intake money for something else. The pictures are bit blurry to see. If the pump is mounted on the block just behind the fuel filter I would say it is a stock style pump. It is worth upgrading to something better including larger fuel lines. 3/8" at the minimum. Just depends on your goals.

Ok, fortunately I cancelled the k &n kit. On the pump after some research it looks like a Delphi aftermarket oem replacement. I saw the one ibmobile posted and that's the one I saw in the video just kinda threw me off. Now on the BHAF replacement does the filter lip just insert into the turbo hose with a clamp or do I need a specific coupler 

• Staff
1 hour ago, Dave f said:

Now on the BHAF replacement does the filter lip just insert into the turbo hose with a clamp or do I need a specific coupler 

I used a piece of white 4" diameter drain pipe about 5" long and two 4" hose clamps.    You might be able to use a piece of 4" exhaust pipe from a muffler shop.

Edited by IBMobile

UPDATE: let me start by saying that YOU GUYS ROCK !!!!

After installing the raptor 4G 100, my truck runs like a BEAST again. 

Have not been able to draw the pump pressure under 15 psi in all modes of my edge tuner. It's so nice to have the power again I'll be testing it more next week as I'll be towing my travel trailer to do some camping. I have the BHAF on the way and will be installing it before I leave monday. Thank you all again for all the help/advice.  ???