• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Maintaining Steering Wheel Control

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2001 Dodge 2500 6spd and I had a buddy help me put a in Pioneer AVH3500NEX while I was deployed. He didn't realize I had steering wheel controls (understandable since it's a 2001), so after a bunch of research I bought the Pac Audio SWI-CP2 universal steering wheel control retention interface. Attached in this image is the guidance that they provide for some T-splices that are required. I found the 7 pin harness very easily, but I am a little stumped with the 5 pin harness that I need to tap into. It says that it is found at the steering column, but I do not see any 5 pin harness, when I pull that little plastic drop shutter. Can someone potentially show me a picture of what I should be looking at?

SWC.PNG

You're definitely correct! Just to provide an answer for any  other people googling in the future:

It's on the back of the clockspring, at the bottom. I advise still dropping the two pieces of plastic on the steering column because there are two red/black wires in the whole big bundle, which you'll need to splice into one of them. 

Thank you for the help! 

5zC63YU.png