• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Getting rid of the rust

2 fenders, both driver side doors, bed and tailgate back from the paint shop. Got the bed and most of the driver fender done today. Its coming together. Interior is coming next with a rewiring of everything and a dash rebuild.

20200501_195403.jpg

20200501_210027.jpg

• Like 3

I have to do this on both mine, over here though a 3500 8ft bed is no smaller than most entire cars, at least my 2500 is 6ft bed :lmao:so I just might find a paint shop that will do the bed

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gregturley said:

@Dieselfuture think that's a bit much

Screenshot_2020-05-05-09-11-15~2.png

It's hard to imagine someone stumbling across this truck at the dealership and thinking "That's beautiful...I gotta have it".  But then again hallucinogenic drugs were popular then so... 

On 5/1/2020 at 8:58 PM, Gregturley said:

2 fenders, both driver side doors, bed and tailgate back from the paint shop. Got the bed and most of the driver fender done today. Its coming together. Interior is coming next with a rewiring of everything and a dash rebuild.

20200501_195403.jpg

20200501_210027.jpg

Blacked out H2's are looking good! 

Edited by Bullet
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gregturley said:

@Dieselfuture spray cans and Sharpies 

@Bullet Thanks H2 wheels were not my first choice but I'm liking them more now that they're on there.

I think they were a great choice...especially since you blacked em out.  Get some caps on em and they'll look even better. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gregturley said:

@Bullet some people have cut down the factory Dodge centers and made them fit but i don't have any right now.

Well with all the other stuff you've been doing lately I'm sure that would be a walk in the park for you.  I'll just wait to see what you end up doing on that... :thumbup2:

• Like 1

Trying to save some money i didn't have the tonneau cover painted with the other parts. After getting the bed on i couldn't stand it so I'm now in the process of sanding it to paint. Painter said $400 if his guys sand and paint, $200 if I sand. Glad i still have my DA.

Wife said the hood looked out of place with the shiny fenders so next is a light wet sand with 3000 and try my hand at buffing it out.

I wasn't going to mess with the passenger side doors but....

20200505_193005.jpg

20200505_193013.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gregturley said:

Trying to save some money i didn't have the tonneau cover painted with the other parts. After getting the bed on i couldn't stand it so I'm now in the process of sanding it to paint. Painter said $400 if his guys sand and paint, $200 if I sand. Glad i still have my DA.

Wife said the hood looked out of place with the shiny fenders so next is a light wet sand with 3000 and try my hand at buffing it out.

I wasn't going to mess with the passenger side doors but....

20200505_193005.jpg

20200505_193013.jpg

Looking good...I'm not a painter but I don't mind doing the dirty work to save a few bucks either.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gregturley said:

You have a nice wife. I think  the only good comment I ever got from mine was, it's quieter in the cab now since I put fte resonator on. 

This was my temporary fix

20180708_210118.jpg.446264dae68e34b633d5a071b0806be0.jpg20180708_210054.jpg.485e4a568a192dc19cd4d391907ddc8b.jpg

• Thanks 1

@Dieselfuture I have a great wife.

Don't have any pics but my rockers are white duct tape. Rear of rockers aren't too bad but the front of both have holes. 

I did not plan on doing this much paint work. If it was better thought out i should have put rockers on it and then painted the whole truck. I really didn't realize how scratched up the cover was until i went to put it back on. Problem was i had all the body parts piled up on my trailer and every time i needed it i had to move the bed. Just got tired of it.

Old bed had spray in liner. I forgot how much things slide around on a steel bed so Thursday I'm taking it to get this bed sprayed. 

Whats depressing is after body parts, paint and bed liner I've spent more than i paid for the truck. At least I've spread out the cost over a year or so.

Yhea I hear you, but still better than having a huge monthly payment. I can see if my truck made me money daily then I'd probably get a new one and trade every so often, but I only use it when I need it and it's more of a hobby to keep me sain in this life. So I guess I'll keep working on it for now and may be some day my kid will figure out that it's something to have and keep it a live. Then again if things keep in same direction, not sure if I'll be around or trucks will be legal, guess we wait and see. All I know is I'm not taking no force anything, live free or die is my way, hope it's same for many others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Yhea I hear you, but still better than having a huge monthly payment. I can see if my truck made me money daily then I'd probably get a new one and trade every so often, but I only use it when I need it and it's more of a hobby to keep me sain in this life. So I guess I'll keep working on it for now and may be some day my kid will figure out that it's something to have and keep it a live. Then again if things keep in same direction, not sure if I'll be around or trucks will be legal, guess we wait and see. All I know is I'm not taking no force anything, live free or die is my way, hope it's same for many others.

My $625  for 6 years back in 01 was ok until sometime in 03 and I got tired of writing the checks. Still took me another 3 years to pay it off. 13 years with no car payment has been very nice.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1