• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Getting acquainted with the new to us Equinox

Looking around under the hood of the 2016 Equinox we just bought for the wife. I am finding most everything except the trans dip stick. Just not there. So I go to the owners manual and all it says is the fluid change procedure is complicated and you need to take you vehicle to the dealer for a fluid change. Aint that just lovely. So I looked around on the interweb figuring there is no way it can be that difficult. Well sure enough I find a you tube video and a guy telling it is not that difficult and he is going to show how easy. Go to the next scene and there he is standing under the car that is on a lift. Guess he figured we all have a lift, not sure what he is thinking. But sure enough he removes the front and a mounting bracket for something. Behind that sure enough is a dip stick for the tranny. After getting a big laugh out of the easy way to do this I go back to the car. Best I can tell it is below the battery box which is buried under one of the computers. The battery even has remote studs for jumping it off. On top that I have access to the fill hole and a drain hole, both from the top of the engine. What were they thinking.

On 5/3/2020 at 2:26 PM, dripley said:

. Best I can tell it is below the battery box which is buried under one of the computers. The battery even has remote studs for jumping it off. On top that I have access to the fill hole and a drain hole, both from the top of the engine. What were they thinking.

Same with my Chrysler 300M. Need to take the front wheel off to get the battery out. There's even a plastic access door there. Then remote lugs for charging/jumping. And it's an 02. Makes it real easy to check the water in the battery. At least it took GM 12 more years before they stuck their head up their a&$

Edited by dave110

6 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Dripley you were supposed to buy her a 57 Chevy! :thumb1:

With a chrome foot for a gas pedal. That was the first car I ever wanted. My old man was helping get a car so he settled for a 1968 Ford Falcon with a small inline six in it. I dont think the chrome foot impressed him at all. 

• Like 1

Since we stepped up from the Saturn we had a small dilemma getting the 2 short women  in it comfortably.  So here is yhe first mod yo it.

Before.

20200509_160825.jpg.0b64adf764ab99a2c785f91edda54b5a.jpg

Mounting hardware and the runnibg boards are pretty substantial  and easy to install.

20200509_160909.jpg.1cb41d2462bf02e17da9e6c78f6308d4.jpg20200509_160843.jpg.416a10ad0faf070e50301cb9c993593d.jpg

The after product.

20200509_195401.jpg.80d4b49a6fef8ba8b009c29c6c54ce6c.jpg

20200509_195436.jpg.1c3989c0623fa317a05d123ee7c9fa50.jpg

Nice 5" wide step for the ladies. And they look good on the car. About 3 hours to install. $340 to the door.