• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have an ‘02 cummins with what I believe is a failing stock VP44 due to the hard hot starting, P0126, and P1693 codes. My truck is fairly built already with a set of 150hp SAC injectors, quadzilla adrenaline module, ARP head studs, built 47RE trans, 150gph fass, S364 turbo, AFE cold air intake, AFE exhaust manifold, and a 4” straight pipe. Is a hot rod pump something that’s going to be worth the money on my truck or am I better off sticking to a stock pump. Also is there going to be a loss in reliability if i do a hot rod pump vs. a stock replacement?

I'd stick with the standard pump they are good from what I've read to 700+ hp I have a HO pump and its rated less next time I replace my pump I'm swapping to a SO pump.https://www.bluechipdiesel.com/ has a bunch of helpful info in their website. I bought there 2 year pump and though it was more pricey compared to most other remanned 2 year warranty pumps the info off their website and I called them on a Saturday and they were opened and talked with one of the guys for 30+ minutes and was super knowledgeable helped me pull the trigger on buying from them. If you buy a new pump and dont have the stealth cover I would highly recommend it the wire connector quadzilla gives you is crap. I tapped my first pump with it and as soon as I turned my programmer on that when my pump died. I have the stealth cover and new vp44 and I have had zero issues with it.

Since you have a S.O. pump , I guess it come down to HP you want and $$$ you want to spend. I know from exchanging mine they want the same pump coming back, I.E. S.O. vs H.O. pumps. But it depends on the power your looking for, S.O. from my understanding can produce more HP. Never did understand that though. 

Edited by Blueox01

My truck is having the same issue. Hot hard starts. The idle in park is a little erratic. And has died on my son once coming to a stop light. No codes have been thrown. Spoke with Bluechip on Friday. I ordered their premium SO pump being I plan on having the truck for a long time.