• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Moose Horns (Towing Mirrors)

• Owner
56 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Nice, are they powered, heated, sequential turn signals and have puddle light all for $160.00 a pair?    

Power Adjust and heated. No puddle light and no turn signals for $140.

Also made a huge error during install. I caught the wires between the door and the mirror on the driver side and crush them in half. Yup I had to repair my brand new mirror on the driver side. I'll write up something...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I did the same thing when I upgraded last week from manual mirrors. I didn’t realize I pinched the wires till I heard a pop from the fuse panel and blew the IOD fuse. 
but power and heat will be nice to have instead of leaning over to adjust the passenger when needed.

• Owner

I did a short test run with the RV hitched up. OMG! Way better view of the rear of the trailer. 

Yeah it highly pissed me off when the driver side wiring got up under the bracket and crimp it right in half. I had only a 3/4 stub out of the mirror. I did managed to solder and shrink tube the wiring again. Power mirror get a work out and don't quite go high enough but barely. 

Moose mode you need all it got to the upper outside edge. 

Normal mode you need all the up and out again. 

6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Moose mode you need all it got to the upper outside edge. 

Normal mode you need all the up and out again. 

Much easier to do that with the knob on the door though, dont ya think. I am near the limits on mine but it sure beats leaning across the seat to adjust. Now if I can just remember to flip up the passenger side before I get in the truck. By the way how is the potato farming this year?

• Staff

Flip 'em down when yer in the wilderness.... as I noticed Moose balls hangin' on the rear when I was there and thought I'd warn you about how dangerous that is now with the mirrors too.

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 2

On 5/23/2020 at 11:23 AM, JAG1 said:

Flip 'em down when yer in the wilderness.... as I noticed Moose balls hangin' on the rear when I was there and thought I'd warn you about how dangerous that is now with the mirrors too.

Yhea you wouldn't want to snag your antlers and nuts on random sticks in the woods. 

• Like 1

Looks awesome. I just put on a pair of 4th gen style power / heated with signal and power folding on my truck last week. Coming from some off brand shaky non-power tow mirrors that were on the truck when I bought it, went through a car wash and the rollers smacked them and the mirror started peeling from the back plate and was distorting my view. 1aauto sells some really solid mirrors made by Trail Ridge. I like them a lot, no more shaky mirrors

1.jpg

• Like 3