• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Door Locks rapidly lock/unlock

I've got an 01 Cummins. Its started to do this thing while driving where the door-locks lock and unlock rapidly while driving. Looking into it apparently there was a service bulletin for the door lock cylinder switch, anti theft piece for replacement because water gets into them. Dodge dealer here says they are obsolete and can no longer get them, anyone know if I can just unplug them and bypass. I dont really care for the anti-theft just I'd like to have my power lock and keyless entry.

On another note incase this isnt my issue anyone know what else could cause this. I've heard it could be the key fob battery but I've used two key fobs as well as changed the batteries

-Thank you

• Staff
2 hours ago, Rushcanuck said:

On another note incase this isnt my issue anyone know what else could cause this. I've heard it could be the key fob battery but I've used two key fobs as well as changed the batteries

If had other car makes do this and it was the key fob but I think @JAG1 had something like this happen on one of his trucks and it was switch.  

One way to tell if it's the fob or lock cylinder switch is to leave the fob at home the next time you drive the truck.   If it still does it then it's the lock cylinder switch; if not then it be the fob.   

• Staff
9 hours ago, IBMobile said:

If had other car makes do this and it was the key fob but I think @JAG1 had something like this happen on one of his trucks and it was switch.  

One way to tell if it's the fob or lock cylinder switch is to leave the fob at home the next time you drive the truck.   If it still does it then it's the lock cylinder switch; if not then it be the fob.   

My alarm would go off unexpectedly. So looking into what might be..... I pulled the driver door panel and found that if I held the door lock cylinder toward the front, pushing on it just a little, that the problem went away. So using some zip ties I was able to pull the cylinder forward just enough to stop the issue. It hasn't done it since.

• 1 month later...

I am dealing with a continuous unlocking issue (even after fob batteries removed) but have yet to start physically digging into the truck. I did find the TSB 08-023-03 : http://starparts.chrysler.com/tsb/en_us/dto/pbd2/08/00/22/080022dc8137f5ec.pdf 

When I search online for the TSB switches (56049284AA & 56049285AA) the cross-reference tool states it will not fit on my 2001 Ram Quad Cab. I will hopefully follow up with my solution but felt this is the place to post my findings. 

UPDATE: Moot point I guess....parts are discontinued 

Edited by evan717