• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Falling on face at WOT

Youngblood24v

So today leaving work I went and took off. Turbo lit like normal but as soon as the power started to come in and boost hit 29psi it just fell on its face for a second or two like it had no power. Lost all boost then it started acting like normal and would try to build boost again and would fall on its face once again. All while my foot/throttle is in the same position. It did this the whole way home. It’s acting like it’s defueling once the power starts to come in like torque management but it will do it at any speed and has never had torque management issues before. I’ve attached a a data log of it and am going to try to upload the video of it happening

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Try with the Quadzilla one level ZERO. This basically shuts down the Quadzilla and runs stock ECM. If it drives fine here that means you have a setting in your tune or possible limits settings hanging you up.

I will give this a try. After looking at the data log boost will build up to 22 psi then go back to zero for 2 seconds then it will try to build boost up to 22 psi and do the cycle all over again. It’s acting like the quadzilla boost fooler isn’t working and the ecm is trying to defuel due to an overboost. I’ve turned all defuel settings off so they shouldn’t be a factor.  

• Owner

If it was a short it would thriugh a hi volt code P0238 or if it was dropping out it would be a P0237 code. If it was a overbooked issue because the boost fooler it would P0234 code.

There is some weird conditions but rare to have a sensor fail within spec. The only thing you could do is replace the sensor.

If the Quadzilla boost fooler failed it should run normal without the Quadzilla hooked up.

20 hours ago, Me78569 said:

does it jump from 22 psi to 0 psi?  sounds like a shot map sensor that reads 0 psi over 22 psi.

Just today it hit 37psi but it still falls on its face for 2 seconds while the throttle remains constant then regains boost and falls on its face again. So it’s not at a set psi I guess just once the power starts to really come in it just falls out for 2 seconds then tries to come back in 

20 hours ago, Me78569 said:

does it jump from 22 psi to 0 psi?  sounds like a shot map sensor that reads 0 psi over 22 psi.

For some reason I can’t post the data log onto here but it will go from 22 psi in one frame then 15psi then 0 as if I had let off the throttle 100% and then got back into it but the throttle position in the data log remains the same throughout the whole thing 

Edited by Youngblood24v