• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Transmission heat shield

• Owner

20200529_080257.jpg

Since I'm down here in Mojave Valley AZ the daytime temps are 112 to 116°F out it been getting easy for the teansmission to reach 170 to 180F without a trailer. Now with my homebrew heat shield is take much longer to get temp and is roughly 20 to 40°F cooler now floating around 140°F after going to Bullhead City AZ and back to Needles CA and home again just at 145°F compared to yesterday at 180°F. The test run was 50 miles in today's heat and traffic.

20200529_080352.jpg

• Like 2

• Owner

Yup, it super hot down here just went up town to get @Wet Vette and myself breakfast to go. Still floating 140°F or so. Does way better around at highway speed, it town traffic and stop and go it will creep a bit. Once back to highway speed it will creep back to around 140°F.

So hot my dash just gave me the middle finger and started a new crack in the middle and it already 4 inch long.