• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla 4K hang on tune

I tried posting this in the 4K tunes spot but it wouldn’t let me choose that. I went to the track this weekend and used the hang on tune from the website. I’m really confused now cause when the truck shifted into second gear I pressed my lock up switch for the torque converter and the truck dies down and then pulls hard but it takes it a second to pull. Also at the light I was spooling up and I could not get the truck to go over 20psi without it trying to cut power back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to prove that Quadzilla is the way to go. 

Fass 150, 7x0.014 SAC injectors, .93 tubes, 188-220 Hamilton cam, DAP 103 springs, Hamilton titanium retainers, DAP 7/16 .120 push rods, crazy Carl tunnel ram, DAP intake, Crazy Carl twin piping, S475, S362 SX-E, DAP 3 piece exhaust manifold, sump kit, Muldoon full billet trans triple disc converter, crazy Carl rapper cover, butterflied pistons, full bottom end rebuild, ARP head studs, induction solutions Nitrous kit (not installed yet). DAPGris Hester delete. Bosch VP44 hot rod pump. Quadzilla 4K tuning v2. I think that’s everything lol. 1998.5 2500 

I’ll grab a data log for ya today and send it out. I’m guessing just export it to here? 

Looks like you have some sort of backdown setup.    Those appear to be causing your issue.  What did you setup as your limits in the app?   Guessing egt?    Turn that off and try again. 

Also your fuel pressure is really getting pulled down.  you always have positive pressure, but it might be something to keep and eye on.

Annotation 2020-06-04 090301.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know that i would jump to replacing stuff yet.  just keep and eye on it.  You are demanding a lot of fuel at wot, but depending on how much time you spend at WOT or the purpose of the truck you might be fine.    

Positive pressure is positive pressure, if you just race the truck then I wouldn't worry as you are likely just heavy on the throttle for ~20 seconds then off again.   However if you see that during street pulls or towing pressure drops like that then I would look deeper.  

I was just noting it.

• Like 1

Ok thank you for the advice.  Here are my 3 data logs from the weekend at the track. When spooling up to launch the truck i cannot get the truck to go past 20 psi without the truck dropping back down to 15 psi or jumping to 35 psi. When i was using my edge comp box i could spool to 25 psi to launch at the light. any ideas? Also i turned off the back down settings. I'm just trying to perfect this tune for the 1/8 runs. my first time was 7.93 second was 7.59 and last 8.12 but the last pull i blew the head gasket in the rear. 1st pull no nitrous.csv3rd pull nitrous blew gasket.csv2nd pull 70 jet nitrous.csv

dripley, 

Im running the fass big lines and no i deleted that and also using a sump.