• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

When engine load drop near zero injectors are wore out. Once it drops to zero the engine idle will rise. Like with summer heat my idle is back to 13% engine load again.

Pop pressure will dictate what engine load percentage. Lower the pop pressure the lower the engine load. Like 310 bar is roughly 7 to 9%. Like my 320 bar injectors are 11 to 13%

As for you down at 2 or 3% is roughly 260 bar which is below 293 minimum pop pressure.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1

What would a good injector be for me? Size and pop pressure? Vco or sac.   Mostko towing or hauling and some daily driving.  Stock trans but can I tune down the power with the quad enough to not blow my trans with some 150hp injectors??

I keep fairly cool with proper tuning and 7x012s. Hx35 maxes out pretty quick if not careful. Cruising I get around 700egts at 70-75. Granted I haven't tried towing anything extra heavy. Plan to upgrade turbo at some point, but fairly happy with the current spool and power. 

• Owner
On 6/6/2020 at 5:50 PM, Unreal Summit said:

Any idea on low I can go with say 150 hp injectors on the quad and still run good and not have crazy egts.  Or just not doable?

I just ran from New Meadows, ID to Mohave Valley, AZ and travelled 1,800 miles there and back. My towing tune did extremely well and could possibly reach 14 MPG. EGT's on level 3 of the Quadzilla I would run just right at 1,100 to 1,200*F EGT's pulling 6 and 7% grades cruise set for 65 MPH. I'm not running a standard 7 x 0.010 but had it popped to 320 bar. Clean running very rare is a puff of smoke but just haze if your deep in the power. Even with day time temps at 105*F no issues when I left. Towing a 31 foot Jayco Eagle RV and scale out at 17,300 pound GCW.

Warning my towing tune is running some high timing and highly suggested to have studs. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man