• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Parking lights OUT

I was replacing the bulbs in my clearance lights on my 01 Dodge 2500 4x4 and the parking lights and turn signals went out. There is power to the fuse and the fuse is fine! I will replace the relay next but I'm not sure where it is. I smelled something hot and it went away to fast to trace it. Not sure what to do next, I'm a fabricator/race-car builder, not an electrician. Frankly, i'm scared........LOL! Any help is appriciated, Thank you in advance. Chris,

There are actually 2 fuses. One for the timer control and one for the lights themselves. There is a fuse for the horn/parking lights in the fuse box that is in the engine compartment on the drivers side. As for the turn signal relay..

• Owner

Parking lamps and turn signals are 2 different circuits really. Turn signals should as ISX shows in his video above. As for the parking lights there should a separate fuse. You might download the wiring diagram to take a peek...

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=128

Edit... Opps limited membership... send me a email to mnelson@mopar1973man.com and I'll sent the file to ya...

Lots of info to go around here. Asking questions keeps the info flowing. I never even knew what controlled the blinkers before today. Questions make a lot of us have to look stuff up that we might have not really paid attention to, so it helps everyone. :thumbup2:At least the beast is back up and running :hyper:

• Owner

Thanks for the help guys. I'm sorta embarassed that I forgot about the fuse box under the hood. Sure enough, there was a 15 amp fuse blown there. This is a great source of information and I will be making a donation shortly. Thank you again, and I will recommend this website to my friends!

Thank you for the great comments they mean a world to us here... :thankyou: More the merrier... We are all here to learn from each other.:thumbup2: