• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

5 psi oil pressure drop?

13 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Also might want to check your oil temperature. I used the trans sensor of the Quadzilla in the oil plug on top of the oil filter housing. Hotter the oil thinner it gets. I typically see 168°F to 175°F in engine oil temp. Being your running larger tires and lower gear ratio could add more heat to the oil causing a drop in pressure too. As seen below 105°F daytime temperature.

Screenshot_20200730-160121_iQuad.jpg

245/75 R16 tires making final ratio to the ground 3.69:1 putting my 66 MPH at a perfect 2,000 RPM and 82 MPH at a perfect 2,500 RPM but this drops my engine load considerable, EGT's drop, oil temperature drops, etc. MPG rises. More heat created anywhere is a lost of power into heat. 

My oil temp generally stays at or around 197°F. I have used 35x12.50, 265/75R17, and 295/70/R17, with little or no change in the temperature. I'm using the genuine adrenaline oil temperature sensor in the head of the oil filter housing. Is this a normal temp it should sit around? Could my oil cooler not be working efficiently?  I'll be switching to 245/70R17 tires here pretty soon.