• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So yesterday my truck kept cutting out and having no throttle response. And no wait to start light. Does this mean ecm? No codes either. Already did w-t ground wire mod. Barely started after it died yesterday. Had to turn it over for 15-20 sec before it started back up to get me out of the middle of the road. Checking alternator today. If it is the ecm, can anyone recommend a good place? I’m looking to get one ASAP as it’s my only vehicle. I found this one from Ares Technologies, but i don’t think I know what it looks like because I thought I found it and then they gave me a part number for one 2 times as much.  

ACS in the vendors foroum seems to be the go to people here. You could call them and talk with them about your issues. Without any codes it is hard to figure whats goung on. Though the WTS either delayed or not coming on at all is a symptom of a bad ECM.  

I see you have done WT's ground mod, how is the rest of the elctrical system? Cables, terminals clean and tight, grounds to the block and so on. These trucks are very picky about the DC current you feed.

https://arestechnologies.com
I got it a lot sooner and cheaper then other ones I tried finding. It was about  600$. Just gave my vin and had them overnight it. They said usually 2-3 days until it ships but they had it shipped the next day.(I had ordered it at 8-9pm) shipped by 11am the next day.  And I got it this morning.

It Apparently  has a lifetime warranty as long as you send your old one in as a core.

Edited by ColoradoColt