• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

Testing prior to installing repaired ECM, PCM

2001 24v. Blue Chip V44, Fass DDRP lift pump, Beans sump with 1/2" hoses, otherwise stock.

Autocomputers repaired my ECM and PCM

ECM-

Replaced Lift Pump circuit, Resoldered CPU, Resoldered Flash Chip,

Replaced APP circuit, Replaced 9.5 and 5v drivers.

PCM

Replaced voltage regulator, replaced 3 220uf caps, resoldered CPU and Noise Filter.

I have replaced the alternator and installed a 5A fuse to protect the PCM.

I am testing the wire harness for shorts and haven't found any.  If I do the W-T mod first, will it be safe to connect everything and turn the ignition on so I can connect my new BlueDriver and check for faults?

• Administrator
Posted (edited)
On 7/14/2020 at 5:08 AM, steel1849 said:

I am testing the wire harness for shorts and haven't found any.  If I do the W-T mod first, will it be safe to connect everything and turn the ignition on so I can connect my new BlueDriver and check for faults?

Just leave the ECM and PCM disconnected. If the short still exist then the ECM and/or PCM could be damaged again. I've actually had this happen on a job and turn around in less than 30 second mail the ECM back.

Edited by Mopar1973Man