• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rear view mirror fell off...looking for adhesive recommendations!

Does anyone have any recommendations for reattactching the rear view mirror mount to the windshield?  I just tried Permatex 84101 which is a 5 minute general epoxy and it did not work.  Naturally, I made sure both surfaces were extremely clean and grease/oil free.  Perhaps someone has had luck with another method/product.

Thank You!

• Staff

FWIW Years ago I glued a mount on with permatex rear view mirror adhesive upside down and it wasn’t coming off. I attached the mirror thinking I could pull it off with the mirror. Nope! I ended up getting another one and gluing it to the first one with the mirror adhesive. Worked great. It’s been a few years since I’ve done one but I’ve never had one fall off when done  properly. 

• Like 1

Versachem 11109 (Amazon)

Works every time.  Clean glass area with razor blade first, followed by brake cleaner on a paper towel, followed by alcohol (wipe, not to drink!).  Slightly scuff button and clean with brake cleaner and alcohol.  Then follow instructions on package.  Do not touch either bonding surface with your hands (oil residue -- will cause failure).

Good luck

Joe

• Like 1