• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

wiring issues on MAP and APPS + other

after doing a head gasket job on my 1999 24v cummins i started my truck back up after getting everything back together, and i noticed there was a check engine light but didn’t think much of it. once i drove it i realized i had absolutely NO power and no throttle response after 1200 rpms. if i kept the pedal all the way down it would slowly get up to 2000rpms so that my auto trans would finally shift. after getting on a back road and giving her WOT i was able to get up to speed but it was a dog. i had no problems with my VP44before hand. also, when we had the code reader plugged in while driving it said i was only giving 40% throttle while i had it WOT. i have zero boost pressure according to my gauge but i know my turbo and all seals are fine. 

i was told i need to check voltage and continuity for these sensors but i have no experience with this kind of stuff, if someone could walk me through it step by step it would be greatly appreciated. i have a DVOM so i believe i have what i need to check it. i will try to link a video of my problem. 

video:

https://youtu.be/mFmEO8JbI9A

here are a list of my codes:

P0237 - turbocharger/supercharger boost sensor A circuit low 

P0122 - throttle/pedal position sensor/ switch A circuit low 

P0118 - engine coolant temperature sensor 1 circuit high 

P0113 - intake air temperature sensor 1 circuit high

P1689 - no description

it should be noted that it has no problem reving up  while in park or neutral, so that makes me think the vp44 along with my other fuel components aren’t the issue. i have an airdog II4G, and an edge EZ tune. i also changed out my factory 180 thermostat to a genuine cummins 190 thermostat. 

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

all those sensors share a 5v bus so you likely have an issue with the 5v power source from the ecm to the sensors.  

engine-3.jpg

From article 

https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/articles.html/24-valve-2nd-generation_50/51_engine/electrical/1999-dodge-cummins-wiring-maps-r469/#a16

so how should i go about doing this? i honestly don’t understand how many of this works?