• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vent control issues

So no matter what position I put my control knob in (face/feet/ defrost) air will blow out at my feet plus whatever else I put it on.  I checked today and everything seems to be working as it should.  Any tips or where to look first?  Thanks y'all! 

It seems to me it could be one of two things, a stuck actuator or the foam seal around the door that would normally close off the feet is gone. The door actuator for the foot well is on the bottom of the box. You should be able to see it from the drivers side foot well if you look behind the little duct that shoots air at your feet. It is a 2 stage sort of thing with two vacuum lines going to it. There is a two stage door in the box as well, a small spring loaded one that allows some flow and then the large one that diverts full flow. 

Check the actuator first, its easiest.