• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Isspro EV2 electric gauge ignition source

Hello, looking for help on where to pull my 12V ignition power from for my isspro gauges. I am planning on daisy chaining all 3 gauges together. It comes with a supplied 1 amp fuse, but would I need a larger fuse if daisy chaining all 3 gauges together? Or will the 1 amp fuse still suffice? I have read a lot of stuff and everybody seems to be doing it their own way, or different ways at least. My plan is to pull keyed power and run an in-line fuse. Thanks in advance for the help. Wiring is not something I am great at. 

32 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

No. 1 amp fuse is cover all 4 of my gaugss.

I picked a fuse that was key on for switched power.

Thanks. I probed the #15 fuse which is the 20A cigar lt fuse and got 12v key on. Can I simply use the add a circuit fuse holder to that location or would it be best to find that wire and splice into it, then add my inline fuse? 

31CFA746-4046-4C9F-B3CE-6FB8610D76E4.jpeg

Edited by Red Rambler

11 minutes ago, hdpwipmonkey said:

I think when I added my gauges I went off the fuse for the radio.  Pull the fuse add in one of the fuse taps with your fuse for the gauges and put the original in it too, wire in all the gauges into the fuse tap and your are good to go. :thumbup2:

Screenshot 2020-07-25 at 7.17.07 AM.png

Thanks HD. From what I was reading it seems like most people make it quite complicated and wanted to make sure I wasn’t oversimplifying it. I will daisy chain my gauges together so it will be 1 wire for ignition, ground and my last wire going to my dimmer switch wire. I will use the cig lighter spot for now. Unless charging my phone and using my gauges at the same time blows a fuse. I might try the radio then. I appreciate the help. 

9 hours ago, Red Rambler said:

I will use the cig lighter spot for now. Unless charging my phone and using my gauges at the same time blows a fuse. I might try the radio then. I appreciate the help. 

I don't think that will be a problem.  Most chargers are only 2-5 amps and this would be a 20A.

• Thanks 1

I installed my gauges and they are up and running. Just curious with my pyrometer, is it supposed to zero out at shutoff or does it remain at your last reading? Right now it is sitting at 350 with the truck shut off. Also, I couldn’t find a 1 amp mini fuse so I am running a 2 amp mini fuse. They are the smallest oreillys had in stock. The directions say 1 amp should be used even if daisy chaining gauges together. Also, I am still waiting on my fuel pressure gauge to show up, going electric. 

D7944322-2A38-43AF-915E-3137F75D4F95.jpeg

A3215FB1-88FF-4C44-84C5-0F6A37FC0BA7.jpeg

6B8B611F-F5A7-4414-92E0-369018C930E3.jpeg

Edited by Red Rambler

• Owner
1 hour ago, Red Rambler said:

Just curious with my pyrometer, is it supposed to zero out at shutoff or does it remain at your last reading?

Remains with the last reading. 

If you want send me your gauge I can program the warning light for any temp, pressure, etc. Or just pick up the EV2 programming cable its like $27 bucks for the programming kit. 

45 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Remains with the last reading. 

If you want send me your gauge I can program the warning light for any temp, pressure, etc. Or just pick up the EV2 programming cable its like $27 bucks for the programming kit. 

I will likely pick the programmer up. That would be handy to have. I think I may have my egt probe a little off center as I was at 900 going 60 mph up a slight hill. I need to look up the normal numbers while cruising. Thanks for the offer on the programming. 

Edited by Red Rambler