• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck let me down today.

I had the flatbed hitched up to go get some scrap from a friends house, made it 3/4 around my block and got a dead pedal.  I was able to coast back into my parking spot which was nice.  I checked codes on the Edge, got a P0121 and a few others I see on occasion.  The pedal came back after a minute of sitting but now I'm too spooked to drive it anywhere.  I got the explanation of the code from the articles section and will be going through the test steps.  I wouldn't be too upset if it were time to step up to a timbos apps.   I was able to do my scrap run, buddy still had his work truck, 2016 GMC 2500 so we hooked up my trailer and got it done.  I want air conditioned seats in my truck now though.  :cool:

• Like 1

Five minutes in and I'm already pissed off.  I disconnected the sensor and tested the plug with engine idling and got less than 5.5 volts, pretty steady at 5.13 volts.  I'm now trying to test resistance in the sensor and I am getting nothing.  I've tried grounding to the battery,  various locations in the engine compartment, the sensor itself and the meters(all 3 I tried) read nothing.  The sensor bracket is unbolted from the engine, it was the only way I could get it unplugged.  Whatever is below novice, nincompoop maybe is my electrical skill level so any help on how to use these things would be appreciated.  The meters all zero out when I touch the probes together but read nothing at all or OL otherwise.   I am using the ohm setting on the meters.

That did show up quick, just got it installed.  Thankfully I didn't have any of the stuck screw issues I've heard about.  All the voltages checked out so hopefully I'm good to go.  I'll probably take it to work a few times before my trip just in case. 

Does it matter what weight of oil I use to coat the terminals?