• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tps/intermithttps://mopar1973man.com/topic/17826-tpsintermittent-dead-pedal/tent dead pedal

I got a 98 24 valve I had the dreaded dead pedal. I changed the oem tps to aftermarket ended up being the pump. The ecm was also rebuilt. I have driven it maybe 70 miles and it's back but not a total dead pedal like before but partal. I back probed the tps= 0.35 at idle wot 0.391. At idle it's supposed to be somthing like 4.95. So is it the sensor or is it not getting enough volts?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for replying. Yes it is getting a code po 222. Low voltage it has a brand new timbo tps. When I installed it I was getting about 3.5. Drove it and it did the dead pedal. Brought it back home checked the voltage 0. Orange and black has 5 volts. I have wiggled the harness nothing. I guess it's time to unplug it check continuity. I think it's strange how I can turn the truck off then on and it runs great. Maybe ecm? Thanks

• Owner

Missing the point of the error its about the IVS switches (Idle Validation Switches). It uses a 5V signal and and toggle the two leads for 5 volt signal. This error is saying that BOTH idle position and throttle position is both LO VOLTS. 

Timbos APPS exposed there is NO electronics to magic just manual switches. 

APPS voltage Adjustment - Stopping the Myths! - 2nd Generation ...

Do the diagnostics on the error code to verify the wiring and then we'll go from there. 

Ok, I check all of the wires. Using a check this, now go onto the next step chart it showed that the ecm is bad. So i sent it to solo auto in miami. I have used them before. All the wires showed no short. While it's gone I am going to check all the grounds I can find.