• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stuck in the Blueridge

dripley

Well I left a week ago Thursday for a 2 day trip to Bowling Green Kentucky. Now 9 days I am headed home. I got about midway thru the mountains and we came to a stop. That was at 7:10  ET. Now its 8:55 and I made about 200 yds progress. What a night. 

And to add a bit insult to the injury they closed the interstate. So now about a 20 mile detour thru back country. The drive might be a nice but its dark and I bet crowded. Of course if we dont start moving soon itmwill be a moot point.

Edited by dripley
  • Sad 1

Good luck, hope you have enough fuel. Just came back from Minnesota lake vermillion fishing, nice place but fishing sucks compared to Canada where we usually go. These bastards better open borders soon lots of unhappy people that have to deal with it, business owners and fishermen. You know being out on the lake and seeing others enjoy life, you'd never guess there was crises going on, everyone just enjoying life. I hate tv.

• Like 1

Finally made it home. 6.5 hour drive turned into an 11.5 hour drive. The thing that bothers me the most is not the time, though it does suck, but sitting parked on the interstate. 4 hours and I moved 200 yards once in that time.

@Dieselfuture I filled up before I left. It was only a 400 mile drive so plenty of fuel. Opening these borders may take a while until this virus tones down or maybe until a vaccine is found. The whole thing sucks. While I have worked the whole time and drawn a paycheck, the being out among a lot folks will make you think.If  I get it my age and 50 years of smoking does not bode well for me if I do get it. I dont dwell on it but it is always in the back of my mind. I am grateful to be earning a paycheck but dont want to die from it. NC may be going to a partial lock down soon, according to the wife.

I did not have to make the detour. We could not get to the exit to make until they cleared the wreck and got the whole interstate moving again. Back roads with exits are just to few and far between.

Edited by dripley
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Why not work till you get your shop built Dave and then think about camping and having fun? :shrug:

Never going to build a shop or much of anything else being on the road all,the time. The travel is getting old. I dont mind maybe 150 to 200 miles away. I can get home pretty quick if need be. The 3, 4, 500 mile days are coming to an end soon. If they can keep me close to home l woulld work a bit longer. I guess just coming home is what I am looking forward to. Then just sort it out from there.

• Like 2