• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Threw a half dozen codes on my drive back to Virgina yesterday, need help

My truck is a 06 2500 (5.9l with 48RE) with 260k on the body and transmission. New, rebuilt, long block was put in under 1k miles ago.

The codes that it threw first, 3 hours into the drive, were P1749 and P1740. Transmission Throttle Valve Position Sensor circuit low and TCC solenoid failure.

The truck continued on the interstate without any major shifting or cruising issues so I decided to let it ride out the other 5 1/2 hours home.

This morning I checked the codes again and now I'm also getting the P1222, bad injectors, P2509 and P0483, bad fan clutch assembly, and P0868, transmission pressure line low.

I've read that several of these codes can commonly be caused by faulty sensors/connections which is what I suspected given it continues to shift gears without much issue.

However, I know P1222 code is a true fault because the truck shifts late and hard, mostly from 1st to 2nd.

Before I continue to buy parts and dump money into the truck, is it common for these sensors to go bad or I am thinking optimistically. Also, I've read that after 200k, it's not a bad idea to replace all the injectors anyways especially since I'm getting an injector code, even if it's only 1 or 2.

Any advice or suggestions are welcome before I start looking into getting new parts.

It would be highly unlikely that all of that would go wrong in such a short time period..... think winning lottery and then struck by lightning while getting in your truck.

Before throwing parts at it, check connections and grounds. Usually if a tons of electrical components start showing problems in short succession, it's a loose or corroded junction.

Injectors are due for a change, and it would be wise to do all of them sooner rather than later.