• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Posted (edited)

I store my truck from Nov to March and this year when I took it out I noticed that the fuel pressure was dropping more the normal. I have had 2 separate times that I was letting it idle while unloading it I noticed that the idle sounded different. The last time it happened I was going back to move it and there was no lift pump pressure. I shut it down and then bumped the starter to see if the pump would run and it did with 17 pounds at a idle (18 to a dead motor). I have also noticed that the fuel pressure drops almost 2 pounds more this year under hard acceleration. Being that the pump has been on there for at least 7 years I just bought a new one ( fass ddrp 02). Changed pre and post filters and then the pump with no change. I took it for a drive again today and in 4th gear rolled WOT and when it hit 2900 RPM the fuel pressure dropped quickly to 10 PSI and I let up before got lower. I know that I don't have a sock on the fuel tank module because it was gone when I removed it 2 years ago because the float fell off. I am at a loss as what to do next other then a big line kit. The only other thing that I can imagine would be a IP going bad or is it normal to dump fuel pressure when you hit the defuelig RPM which I had never done before but it came up faster then I expected.

Edited by Nekkedbob

Yes the pre lift pump filter and the main filter mounted on the block It was the first thing I did as they had been on for about 20k miles.