• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Geno's Seat Cushion = Amazing!

Just took about 30 minutes and installed my new driver's seat cushion from Geno's and I wish I had spent the money 50k miles ago. It is SUCH a drastic improvement. No more smashing my tailbone on the rear crossbar with every bump!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LorenS said:

Just took about 30 minutes and installed my new driver's seat cushion from Geno's and I wish I had spent the money 50k miles ago. It is SUCH a drastic improvement. No more smashing my tailbone on the rear crossbar with every bump!

What did you get? The plain one that needs covered? I don't see a complete seat cushion. Part number?

3 hours ago, NIsaacs said:

What did you get? The plain one that needs covered?

Yes, that's the one. My truck must have had aftermarket seat covers most of its life, because the fabric isn't faded. It does have a big rip right in the middle, but I run some high-dollar (Covercraft?), heavy duty seat covers, too, so the tear hasn't grown. Otherwise I would have purchased the new fabric, also. Taking the old fabric off was the hard part because of the big clips that snap onto the steel part of the seat. A couple of them were very stubborn. I reused my existing hog rings with the help of two pairs of pliers, they run left to right holding down the center of the seat fabric. I have an 01 so didn't remove the entire seat, have no idea why they say to do that in the instructions; supposedly 94-97 guys have to do so.

Cost for just the foam is rather high at $125, but having experienced the change I'd very grudgingly pay twice that. Any higher and I'd just cobble something together under the original foam!

• Like 2

• Owner
8 minutes ago, LorenS said:

Cost for just the foam is rather high at $125, but having experienced the change I'd very grudgingly pay twice that. Any higher and I'd just cobble something together under the original foam!

I know that feeling just like paying $750 for HID's I would do it twice for any other vehicle I would own. :whistle:

Done my foam and skin a little more than a year ago. Well worth the investment, Foam was a little stiff at first but broke in after awhile, I remember just having under 300. In it for the foam and skin, I went with a company called autochampoftexas, The skin was an exact oem replacement 

• 2 weeks later...