• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rough idle after new injectors

Hi I have a 99 dodge 2500 with 62/68/14, 165 fass, bd exhuast manifold, bank high ram intake horn, edge juice, etc. I just got some 200 hp injectors that I put in to replace the stock ones. I fired up the truck after bleeding the fuel lines and it has a really slight lope/rough idle. This disappears under acceleration and only seems to happen at idle, when I look under the truck it appears that I have a small drip of fuel coming from the back of the block. Feeling the injector tube/fuel line connections they appear to be dry.. I'm a little at a loss as to what's going on

There is a return line on the back of the head. Reach back therd znd you can feel it or get mirror. It has a banjo fitting to attach it to the head with 2 sealing washers. They are most likely wearing out. This also can cause hard starting as it allows air into the fuel system and it will cause a loss of prime. 

So it appears it was the line to #6 connector tube which I tightened and fixed the leak however it’s still idling rough. No white smoke, lots of power, absolutely no issues sounds great when giving it throttle but it’s just running rough still at idle. The guy that I bought the injectors from is reputable and says they ran perfect at idle and had no issues with them. I checked the oil, no fuel, checked for blow by, no blow by and no fuel smell... not sure what to check next

I wish I could answer that. While these trucks were created equal on the assembly line some sure do respond differently to upgrades than others. I just have RV275'S  on mine and they lope sometimes, almost evrytime I turn the AC on it happens. It does stop after several seconds. Seems several get it with the addition of a Quad tuner and bigger injectors. Mine never did until after I added the Comp and a second set of RV275'S to mine.

• Owner

No tuner can correct any idle issues. Idling lope is all the stock ECM software causing it. Even Edge and Quadzilla hand off to the ECM at idle. 

Lopey idle is strictly injector size and pop pressure related. You could create a lopey idle with valves that are mis-adjusted. Even my truck lopes at a coasting idle to a stop once stopped it will idle at a perfect 800 RPM

As for Dripley the RV275's are just another stock injector. They are not flow matched or pop tested for flow rate or even pop pressure. Just 6 random injectors are put in a box and shipped. I won't suggest RV275's any longer. Now step up +50 HP now you getting pop tested and flow match injectors. Then for +50HP injectors cost about $100 less than RV275's. . 

+40 HP Bosch RV275's $379.00

https://www.dieselautopower.com/bosch-new-injector-rv275-marine-300-40hp-0432193635

+50 HP DAP 7 x 0.008 injectors $279.00

https://www.dieselautopower.com/diesel-auto-power-50hp-performance-injectors-7x0-008-vco-vp7x8vco-18343

+50 HP DAP 7 x 0.008 injectors $299.00

https://www.dieselautopower.com/diesel-auto-power-50hp-performance-injectors-7x0-008-vco-vp7x8vco-17008

+50 HP DAP 7 x 0.008 injectors $325.00

https://www.dieselautopower.com/diesel-auto-power-50hp-performance-injectors-7x0-008-vco-vp7x8vco

Edited by Mopar1973Man

My second set were remans from DAP. Maybe thats why thet do it. They eere popped at 310 per DAP. I swapped out the 50's, DAP, because they were smokey with the Comp. Not doubting what you are saying at all just clarifying what I have. I did forget to add the ECM controls the idle.