• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Side load intake Manifold

Im looking at doing this to my truck but it look like there is machining involved and over my head i was wondering if you guys could recomond the best person on the lower 48 for the job. Someone i can take the truck to and have them do the complete job.

• Owner

Shaving off the manifold is something you would do for a super high HP engine there is no gains to that for a daily driver. 

1999, 2500 24 value. S&B cold air intake. Spearco Intercooler, Air Dog Fuel pump, 100hp DDP injectors, ATS High flow exhaust manifold. Phatshat turbo 65/64/12, 4" MBRP Exhast, Edge Juice with Attitude, Smarty.

I'm running bigger injectors than you and just a slightly smaller turbo but still all stock air system and most likely have lower EGT's than most here.

Screenshot_20200811-153851_iQuad.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Me78569 i was just looking at it and it looks like batter air flow. What i would like to have is the most horse power on the truck with out thinking about EGTS, for pulling a trailer or daily driving. Mopar1973 Man Thanks.

• Owner

I towed my 31 foot RV all the way to Mohave Valley AZ never had hsat issue with the engine. Lot of grades held my EGTs at 1,000 to 1,100°F but never got hot coolant wise. My biggest problem was transmission temp on the long grades. It was the radiant heat from the exhaust heating the transmission. I built a simple heat shield and drop 40°F on average.

24 minutes ago, Miner 25 said:

Me78569 i was just looking at it and it looks like batter air flow. What i would like to have is the most horse power on the truck with out thinking about EGTS, for pulling a trailer or daily driving. Mopar1973 Man Thanks.

Your EGT issues are a result of your DDP injectors and your edge smarty stack.  You honestly could not have a worse setup for a Truck that is used as a truck.    

You could spend all that money, but it won't help.  stock is fine for flow well into the 600 hp arena.    If you really want to go down that path call up haisely machine and get yourself a new head with orings and been port and polished with a side draft.  However in my opinion you are flushing 3K and the results will be less than stellar for what you want.

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

• Owner

Like myself...

• 7 x 0.010 DAP injectors popped at 320 bar.
  • HX35/40 Hybrid turbo (60/60/12)
  • Quadzilla Adrenaline

Smarty/Edge stack is bad deal for sure. Stacking any tuner is a bad deal. First off neither tuner has good timing control. Then you made a light switch out of the throttle. It can be 100% fuel by 30% throttle position. Too much fuel and no enough timing control. Trust me... I was a ex-Edge Comp runner and managed to make a heck of a high MPG number of 27.2 MPG. The problem is you have to drive below 60 MPH to keep the high timing on Edge products. Then with bigger injectors the timing is too retard and now it creates a lot of EGT's. Where with the Quadzilla I can up the timing to meet the injectors needs. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man