• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Error: P0122 APPS Sensor Signal Voltage Too Low - Where to begin?

DTC P0122: APP SENSOR SIGNAL VOLTAGE TOO LOW Monitor & Set Conditions Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor(APPS) voltage is monitored when the engine is running. DTC may be stored if low

Hi all, I'm new to this issue, just wondering if I should just install a Timbo APPS Sensor and hope that fixes it, or look into other potential issues, or both.

If both where should I begin trouble shooting this code?

I'm sure there's a writeup in this magical world somewhere if anyone can share any link(s) with me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions advise, etc.

Look in the articles section, 2nd gen, 24v, engine, obdll error codes and its there. I would link it but this tablet wont let me for some reason. 

A timbo is good to have if your OE has bit the dust. It is even good to have if yours has not kicked the bucket.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dripley said:

Look in the articles section, 2nd gen, 24v, engine, obdll error codes and its there. I would link it but this tablet wont let me for some reason. 

A timbo is good to have if your OE has bit the dust. It is even good to have if yours has not kicked the bucket.. 

I'm thinking my OE may be finding it's way out or this world.  I've noticed some irregular idling activities going on over the last week or so.  I think I'll just put the Timbo in it seems well loved.  It certainly can't hurt and my just make all well with my truck again.  Looks like an easy enough install.

4 minutes ago, dripley said:

Injectors might be getting old too. Dont know how old yours are but starting with the  Timbo is a good way to go. A good investment.

I installed a new set of Bosch RV 275's in the summer of 2018.  I got them from Vulcan Diesel Performance.  Those should be good.  Less than 20k miles on them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, leety said:

I installed a new set of Bosch RV 275's in the summer of 2018.  I got them from Vulcan Diesel Performance.  Those should be good.  Less than 20k miles on them.

They should be. I ran my first set for near a 150k and bought them from Vulcan too. Nice upgrade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dripley said:

They should be. I ran my first set for near a 150k and bought them from Vulcan too. Nice upgrade.

Good to hear that.

Not only do they work nicely, but it was a really fun project for me to get into.  I could only do it becuase of all the beautiful people on this site.

1 minute ago, leety said:

Good to hear that.

Not only do they work nicely, but it was a really fun project for me to get into.  I could only do it becuase of all the beautiful people on this site.

They keep me going for sure. I have tackled some pretty big projects thanks to the help here. 

15 hours ago, IBMobile said:

The Timbo APPS is sold here in the store.

Thank you for the pointer.  I ordered from here last night.  I always check here first for any part I purchase for my truck.  Even if it's a bit more expensive than other offerings.  We have to support this platform.  That's a must!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1