• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dimmer switch, back lights not coming on

Switch could be bad but it hasnt given me any troubles before. Checked fuses but all looked good, guess one could be bad anyway. Am I missing something on getting the gauge back lights working? Also installing gauges and would want dimmable option, I have only have positive and negative lead wires. I also dont remember wiring and installing gauge pods to be so difficult, I am having a time getting everything sorted out and routed.:yme:

Edit: tabs on a pillar broke so time to epoxy... before they broke still had some wobble to the whole thing...:mad:

Edited by Stanley

I've got a couple of tan wires I'll have to probe and see if I can get any variable resistance. 

I guess maybe I'll recheck bulbs in the gauge cluster, if not that maybe that switch. Its bugging me everything works except back lights...

use an add a circuit to fuse 5 in the junction block (fuse panel on side of instrument panel)  This one carries the dimmed voltage to the cluster light bulbs. 

This way there is no cutting of the original wiring that will bite you in the behind later.

image.jpeg.1db54d87ec969c2ba16691de794fa094.jpeg

HTH

Hag

• Like 1