• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone Know Anything About the Aisin 68rc?

So I recently bought a 2011 C&C truck not knowing that there was quite a bit different between a C&C and a normal 3500. I knew they had things such as longer frames and the aux switches and stuff but I wasn't aware they are actually detuned compared to the normal trucks along with a different transmission, the Aisin 68rc.

Does anyone know anything about these transmissions? Can you tune them like a 68rfe or are the more like the 69 and tune themselves? Can they hold any power, as I am getting EFI live (not very hot of course just to wake it up from its stock 305hp) and don't want to blow it up the first week. What are the weaknesses?

The information I've found out there is quite limited, so any help is appreciated, thanks!!

to my knowledge you still cannot tune An Aisin,  however the stock version for general public has the same power rating as the 68rfe.  

You can tune the C&C back to stock levels or even more, but don't cram a ton of power through the trans above stock.   

Are you unhappy with the power the truck has?  My g56 truck is detuned compared to the auto's but it has PLENTY of power to do what it needs to do.

Just now, Me78569 said:

to my knowledge you still cannot tune An Aisin,  however the stock version for general public has the same power rating as the 68rfe.  

You can tune the C&C back to stock levels or even more, but don't cram a ton of power through the trans above stock.   

Are you unhappy with the power the truck has?  My g56 truck is detuned compared to the auto's but it has PLENTY of power to do what it needs to do.

No absolutely not! The power is great compared to my 01! It just kinda blindsided me cause I wasn't aware of how different the C&C's were compared to a normal 3500. 

It's got a crappy tune on it so I am getting EFI live soon but I need to find the serial and other numbers on the ECM for my tuner since I guess C&C's are a little different to tune. Do you happen to know where they would be?