• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Air horns

I had a twin trumpet set mounted on the inside of the drivers side frame rail next to the transfer case and facing forward. Off of a late 60's GMC car hauler.

The copper disks in mine started to fail and I havent had any luck sourcing new ones. 

@Gregturley Sure enough.... Thats them. I bought some aluminium sheet to make a heat shield out of and I should have plenty left over, and I think it may work as diaphragm. 

That said, I would still be interested in that set of horns.... or both. What do you do for work that you have 2 sets of those just laying around?

@That Guy I'm a mechanic and according to my wife a horder. Had 1 pair on my truck then found a single horn about 2.5 foot long and switched it out. I drag stuff home from junkyards, swap meets and friends and i have a problem getting rid of crap.

$20 per pair plus shipping sound fair? I'll have to look for the 2nd horn so no promises on it yet.

Have 10 or so sets of Bilsteins for ford expeditions if you need them too.

@CUMMINSDIESELPWR $1300 for horns? Wow. I could buy 2 cases of 45acp for that!!! 

Work with a guy that found an old train horn in a dumpster a few years ago. Tried to buy it from him but he sold it to his buddy. Probably wouldn't have been able to find a good spot to mount it anyway. Thing was huge. 

With all the crap going on in Louisville i wanted a louder horn. We have Until Freedom, blm, antifa, nfac and oprah people here along with the local hoodrats. 

@That Guy found a total of 3 horns. I'm keeping 1 pair, don't matter to me which one. 

20200821_061654.jpg

20200821_051933.jpg

20200821_051936.jpg

9 hours ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

I never really cared for nathan. Loud is one thing, timbre gets peoples attention. I have been looking for either an S3 or S5 from leslie for years. Everything nathan makes is built to new codes for a maximum dB output pre the FRA. The minimum is 96, the max is 110dB. The S3/5 are antiques and were the loudest ones made. I believe they top out at 120-125dB at 100 feet.

There is a 3 chime on ebay for less than the nathan from HB. Just look up leslie train horn. Also may look for the nathan p3 and p5 too. Also older and doesn't meet new regulations.

10 hours ago, That Guy said:

I never really cared for nathan. Loud is one thing, timbre gets peoples attention. I have been looking for either an S3 or S5 from leslie for years. Everything nathan makes is built to new codes for a maximum dB output pre the FRA. The minimum is 96, the max is 110dB. The S3/5 are antiques and were the loudest ones made. I believe they top out at 120-125dB at 100 feet.

There is a 3 chime on ebay for less than the nathan from HB. Just look up leslie train horn. Also may look for the nathan p3 and p5 too. Also older and doesn't meet new regulations.

leslie was the other brand i couldnt remember! their horns do sound better

Edited by CUMMINSDIESELPWR

• 2 weeks later...