• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Side window rain guards

I like to run rain guards however only have the passenger side on now, drivers side cracked so I took it off. I am seeing a lot of in channel rain guards that share the same space as your window, the one I have now is mounted above the window. What is everybody running? Thanks. 

Edited by Red Rambler

• Staff

Both my trucks and Moparmans has the in channel Weathertechs. They are expensive but are the best and do not bind up the window operation. Try removing a broken one installed above the window, you know adhesive sticky stuck tape...... it's a bear to remove and does some damage to the paint over time.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Staff
59 minutes ago, Red Rambler said:

Do either of you have a part number for the weather tech guards? I saw 80027 as the part number but want to ensure these are correct and will work with tow mirrors. 

My 01 does not have the tow mirrors, but the 02 truck does and there is no interferance. Never was a concern when I bought them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

My 01 does not have the tow mirrors, but the 02 truck does and there is no interferance. Never was a concern when I bought them.

Are these the ones you have. That go down at the bottom? Check the pics at the below link. Please. 
https://www.etrailer.com/Air-Deflectors/WeatherTech/WT80027.html

80027 is the part number I got.  I have tow mirrors and there is no interference.  I got mine from WeatherTech directly and they are only $60 on their site versus $75 on etrailer.com.  WeatherTech also has the ones for the rear windows too but they are glue on and I didn't want to do that again so I only got the ones for the front windows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JAG1 said:

They're nice on rain days too when you need air. Just roll windows down a couple inches, no problem.:thumb1:

I had the stick on ones that finally rotted away. No more of those for me. 60 bucks aint a bad deal.

• Like 1

• Owner
On 8/24/2020 at 9:07 PM, JAG1 said:

Both my trucks and Moparmans has the in channel Weathertechs. They are expensive but are the best and do not bind up the window operation. Try removing a broken one installed above the window, you know adhesive sticky stuck tape...... it's a bear to remove and does some damage to the paint over time.

Thank you for the wonderful gift and they are still holding up wonderfully!

• Staff

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Thank you for the wonderful gift and they are still holding up wonderfully!

I saw you needed those and thank you for changing out my VP44 I was so afraid :ahhh: or so 'chicken' to do.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a pair of AVS in channel visors I picked up from Oreilly's for less than $50.  No binding, no tow mirror interference, had them almost 5 years with no issues.  I put a set on the wifes Wrangler and a buddies Toyota and they are both doing great as well.  Probably get a set for my mothers new GMC as well.  

Edited by Sycostang67