• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thinking about front and rear Eaton TruTrac's

Replacing the axle was NEVER an option for me as that is just FAR too much money to throw at something that does not get regular and essential use.  If off roading gets that bad, I have a Kubota RTVX 1100 C with a 2 inch lift kit and 28 inch tall tires equipped with a winch to get me out of sloppy messes which I take great pains to avoid.  

Pull the axle shafts and get actual length numbers.  Then check Rigid Axle and Torque King as possible suppliers.  Torque King will make custom inner shafts.  Might get lucky and find an older model that will fit -- will also need different inner seals due to 1.37" vs 1.5" shaft diameters.

Note:  pre '94 are 35 spline D60, '94 - 99 are 30 spline D60 and 2000 - 2002 are 32 spline D60, you won't find 35 spline stock after '93.  Also throw in that 2001.5 - 2002 added non-CAD to the axle, this is why there is very little info on inner axle conversion.

Edited by Joe_Pool
To add information

3 minutes ago, Joe_Pool said:

Pull the axle shafts and get actual length numbers.  Then check Rigid Axle and Torque King as possible suppliers.  Torque King will make custom inner shafts.  Might get lucky and find an older model that will fit -- will also need different inner seals due to 1.37" vs 1.5" shaft diameters.

My concern on this type of upgrade is that it appears that few to nobody has done it.  This is probably for very good reason.  Just far more hassle and cost than I want to dive into.  

For me the 32 spline inners are fine with an ARB and a Dynatrac NoSpin hub conversion -- the best of most worlds.  A 35 spline inner conversion to match my 35 spline outers would be a nice upgrade (1.37" to 1.5" shaft diameter).  My truck is a non-CAD type (major weak link already removed by Dodge).

• Like 1

For axle shafts go to ECGS (East Coast Gear Supply).

On left side of home page go to "Dana 60 Corner" and click on "Dana 60 axle/stubs shafts"

Scroll down to the 4th row and click on the 35 spline CAD delete axle shafts for 00-02 Dodge.

Part numbers are:

AX-D60-35CAD-LATE  [the long side -- passenger side]  [$245.00]

AX-D60 35CAD-S-LATE  [the short side -- driver side]  [$245.00]

You will also need the seals that pop up on the pages -- due to larger diameter shafts.  [$45.00 each]

With these you can then use a 35 spline diff of your choice, including Tru-Trac.

ECGS 35 Spline Dodge.jpg

Edited by Joe_Pool
Spelling correction
  • Like 2

I looked at East Coast Gear and missed those shafts.  Thanks!  I will keep them in mind.  To make that upgrade would cost me about $3500 for the parts plus installation cost.  That is just a LOT more than I want to spend on a truck that aside from my wanting a TruTrac, does not really need all of that upgrade.  If the Yukon Dura Grip does not work out, I may take another look at East Coat though.  Great catch.  :thumbup2: