• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Compound turbo oil drain(s)

I have a homemade compound setup that has supply lines but does not have return lines as of yet. I was planning on using another oil drain of some sort. Either factory or aftermarket that pops into rear freeze plug port. But, what size is the hose for the factory turbo drain? I’m asking cause I don’t have any extra return hose laying around to measure “ID” So I can just order a bulk piece and cut to length. 5/8, 3/4, 7/8?

Edited by Waydin_Stewart

On 9/3/2020 at 10:11 PM, That Guy said:

I believe the ID is 3/4. I have 5/8ths hose that will just barely fit in the stock one on the block. As far as where to put it, I can't help there.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:15 AM, Towrigdually said:

I’ve seen a few people make AN mines and put a Y fitting to use the single factory drain. Haven’t seen anything bad on it. 

So I haven’t read about just using 1 drain hole. I am going to try and find a scrap piece of factory return line to get a size so I can order 3 feet or 4 to make my own return lines. If I can find the core t drain fitting for the rear freeze plug hole I will try to use it. It’s going to be a while encore I start putting them on. Just wanted to get everything set for when I install them