• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sway bar bushes

I renewed both sway bar links complete about 18 months ago, now both sets of bushes are split again and it's MOT time.

I had a set of Landrover 90/110 rear lower shock absorber polybushes and they are just right for the sway bar link bushes, the ones I have are a flat bush but you can get bushes with a cone shape on one side which would sit in the sway bar better. Could probably do with a thin tube spacer in the sway bay just to centralize it but I didn't have a piece of tube the right size

Probably not much use to you guys in the USA but here in the UK and Europe landrover stuff is everywhere, cheapest on Ebay is £3.85 for the set

20200906_110707[1].jpg

• Like 2

• Staff

Wil440, why do you have so much rust on your sway bar and end links? Don't mean to hurt your feelings bud, just wondering why! Might be good to run the breather pipe longer down there so oil mist gets on all that whenever your going down the road.

Also, here in the states we call them 'bushings'..... funny, I almost thought you were miss spelling and corrected that, but Brits are very colorful the way they talk so I'm leaving it. :)

Edited by JAG1

4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Wil440, why do you have so much rust on your sway bar and end links? Don't mean to hurt your feelings bud, just wondering why! Might be good to run the breather pipe longer down there so oil mist gets on all that whenever your going down the road.

Also, here in the states we call them 'bushings'..... funny, I almost thought you were miss spelling and corrected that, but Brits are very colorful the way they talk so I'm leaving it. :)

You won't hurt my feelings mate ......The rust is down to the huge amount of salt that the councils put on the roads here in winter and the amount of rain we get the rest of the year, anything that's threaded I do smother with copperslip but the rest can just rust.  Truck is 1998 and for 22 years old and here it's doing ok...... most other stuff is bean tins around 10... friend of mine has a gen 3 5.7 hemi and thats rusting bad, he has just spend hours patching the frame (which is a chassis here ), doors, sills (sorry rocker panels :) ) wings (fenders)

You are right there is a bit of a difference in wording :)   Catches me out when looking for parts say on Rockauto, or the like 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two great nations seperated by a common language. We suffer from that here some. I have worked up and down the east coast short off the new england staes. And from NC to Nebraska and many places north and south of that line. Every where kind of has there english too. Not so as between the UK and USA though, from my experience that is. 

Edited by dripley

3 hours ago, dripley said:

Two great nations seperated by a common language. We suffer from that here some. I have worked up and down the east coast short off the new england staes. And from NC to Nebraska and many places north and south of that line. Every where kind of has there english too. Not so as between the UK and USA though, from my experience that is. 

Here lets say we're 700 ish miles top to bottom... give or take.. from the top to the bottom it may as well be here to Mars the spoken word is that different, with the North East being the hardest.

Anyone tell me what this means

Ayup mi duck...... us jus gan t pub ?

24 minutes ago, Russ Roth said:

Ayup mi duck...... us jus gan t pub

yup my duck us just going to pub.

Thats close..." Ayup mi duck" is a endearing hello to a woman. And " us just gan t pub" is I'm just going to the pub.... us in the north east means "I"  not sure what they say for a group probably ussess or somat martian ?

• Like 2