• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

We have Extreme Fire Conditions starting 5 pm This Evening

JAG1

• Staff

Oregon is laced with forest lands, makes for a nice state when you get out of the cities. However, starting this evening we have a large, very unusual wind storm about to happen. They are predicting 80 mph gusts over the Cascade Mtns and 45 to 50 mph in my area of the foothills. Humidity levels will become extremely low with temps bouncing around 90 to 100. These are explosive conditions just like the fires that happened in Paradise and Santa Rosa California. Please give us your prayers..... these are extreme conditions about to occur.

Thank you ever so much......

• Thanks 1

• Staff

It was being reported as a rare historical extreme fire condition, but after it started it was not near as bad as they said. Thank you for the prayers it really toned it down a lot. In fact it was down right mild. Prayers do a lot of good and we need more of them these days. :thumb1:

• Like 1

@JAG1 I’m glad you guys were spared from the extreme fire danger, you just described the forecast we’ve been under for the last several years, It’s not uncommon anymore to see a hundred thousand of more acres up in flames somewhere here in the state, It sucks dealing with it and all the smoke but in reality I believe it’s just nature’s way of thinning out the overgrown forest, they all bounce back in time we just have to accept it for what it is cause  you ain’t going to stop it.

Ons side note it’s been in the high 80’s here in the mountains of Colorado, yesterday it was 85 at my place at 7500ft. Tonight a cold front dipping down from the north, they are calling for 6-12” of snow where I live. ( ya it’s still summer ) We shall see, it may put out some fires if nothing else 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff
10 hours ago, JAG1 said:

It was being reported as a rare historical extreme fire condition, but after it started it was not near as bad as they said. Thank you for the prayers it really toned it down a lot. In fact it was down right mild. Prayers do a lot of good and we need more of them these days. :thumb1:

On edit everyone..... this thing was showing a benign face in the beginning, but now we are under varying degrees of danger. 22 miles away we were ordered to evacuate our jobsite. Got home to blue skies around my place which was nice, but the wind has changed direction and put big dark clouds of smoke almost right over us. Please keep your prayers coming. For all my neighbors, about 27 families, there is only one road out. Thank you all :thumb1:

• Sad 3

• Owner

I've got people in California, Oregon, and Washington all with fire danger issues. Like in Cally there is @Wet Vette mom. She just had a nasty fire come right up to Susanville. I was about ready to bail and head there to defend her home. 

Just remember USFS is NOT a fire fighter. Only a fire manager... USFS manage where the fire burns but don't attempt to put it out. Then with USFS and environmentalist out there that stopped logging and allowing livestock to graze. Hence why the nasty fires we get now.

Here is 2020 fire map.

Screenshot from 2020-09-11 05-12-26.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man

We are traveling right now but have someone at our home east of

Vancouver.  217th ave and there was pretty large fire at 234th ave which is too close for comfort.  Fortunately that one got put out quite quickly.  Several or more friends/relatives/Fire coworkers live in same area Jag does and have been evacuated.  So far none have lost their home I know of but neighbors have.  One is east of Estacada and has been checking in regularly and is staying put.  Couple years ago he purposely logged around his place to create a large defensible area. Working so far although he spent the other night and day putting out spot fires with a pump can.  Hopefully this will get better soon. We also have 5 year old grandson in the Couve who has had health challenges involving his lungs and other things and the smoke is VERY bad for him.  Prayers and good wished for Jag and everyone else in endangered areas.  Strange time indeed.

w

• Like 3

Sitting watching the news and seeing lots fire in Oregon. I will be keeping all of you out that way and every where on the west coast in our thoughts and prayers. Wish I could send ya'll some of these storms we have brewing in the Atlantic. The gulf coast and Florida are getting another dose of a tropical storm soon after going thru a hurricane not long ago. Maybe God is trying to tell us something.

• Like 2

• Owner

:iagree:

Some of us choose to live out in the national forest of the United States. It does come at a price of handling wild fires and protecting your home. I've had two wild fires within FEET of the house in the 30 years of living here. If you keep a defensible space around your home then fire danger is reduced quite a bit. Like myself I've got to clean up my space around both houses. 

Teepee Springs fire that burned the east side of the valley all the way to Riggins ID nearly 15 miles long.... This is not edited...

DSCF6677.JPG

• Like 1

• Staff

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. We are out of the fire danger now that the wind is calm and the few smaller fires close to us were put out. The closest one (set deliberately) was 3-4 miles, another was about 12 miles, but in the path of the strong winds. It was a fearful experience with the trees I have around us. They are beautiful and parklike but can be an explosive situation in conditions like we had.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Right now I wishing for wind. The smoke from the Cambridge, ID fire is sooo bad its blocking out the sun or any light at times. Just depends where the the main plume is and what it was burning. Air Quality up here is HAZARDOUS & DANGEROUS at time. 

I'm hoping a good soaking of rain and some air moving. In Oregon, it is very strange not seeing any movement of air in over a week after after the fires began. I mean you cannot find even one small leave moving so the smoke just lingers like an evil cloud everywhere. It's weird.

I think we will be out of the smoke by the weekend, but hope our NW storms start up to help the firefighters

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1