• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

I am trying to get my tune right for my new injectors. I got some 7x9s(100hp) that we put in yesterday. I had my quad set to start at about 74% fueling.  That was too low. Well long story short I got it at 100% starting and it don't smoke or haze much at all.  Call me crazy but shouldn't they be a little smokey at 100%???

• Administrator

Lay flat out to the floor. You not going to hurt the truck. But you do need to see what full range of throttle will do if the smoke is too bad then you need to step down on CANBus fuel and might consider adding +1 to timing to aid in clean up of upper end smoke. If the limits are set up you can WOT and the Quadzilla will hold down anything outside of limits. The bottom of the screen will change yellow noting back down.

Been working a lot lately but tired out the truck yesterday. Had it started at 105% and went up by 1% the whole way up the canbus scale.  Floored it from a stop maybe a small puff of smoke. I will try a little more till I get some smoke. Then back it up a touch. Just feel like I didn't get 7x9s having to turn it up that much without smoke.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

0-100 Pedal movement != 0-100% fueling depending on the tune.  The point of tuning at WOT is to ensure that you are not cramming 0-100% fueling into 0-%60 throttle movement.  You want %100 of possible duration before smoke at %100 throttle input.     

doing so will make your fueling smoother than give you more resolution in fueling compared to pedal movement.  

10 hours ago, Me78569 said:

not cramming 0-100% fueling into 0-%60 throttle movement. 

Driving on some terrible roads last week, I about set my Quad to Level 1. I could barely keep my foot still enough to not go 0-100% once per second!