• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Prices... We need to discuss a price change....

• Owner

Remember views... That is counting all the numbers of bots looking too. When there is newer dated material it will be walked by bots and take up to 90 days before it scored and place on Google. Bots are drawn to new post and articles. Again codeing work to do it is more than just copy and paste. Being the SEO part requires a bit of extra coding. Google requires use of header tags ans sectional design of information. 

4 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Time is something we are all short on. 

Yup being I'm turning wrenches, trying to get winters firewood in, repair my own truck, take care of server that need updating and then a move servers. Yup... Not a lot of time left in a day. Even today I've gotta pack to go south to doctors appointments for both of us. (7 hours of driving -minimum) @Wet Vette and myself both. Me so I can see. Like right now the screen is blurry and difficult to even see. Yup I need new glasses and heading to bi-vocal. turning 50 this month and already over the hill...

• Staff

As the newer trucks age people will be looking for good sources for repair and maintenance. A buddy has a newer Cummins truck, he changes oil but that's about it. It's still under warranty so he doesn't want to void anything. Once out if warranty he has talked about a few mods he want to do. I've mentioned this site to him hoping he would join. 

Is there any way to maybe arrange some sort of fund raiser? I was sitting here thinking of maybe posting a few little items I have in the classified section and donating the proceeds to the site but the classified section is down at the moment. Any one have any other ideas to save our site?

Let the forum run on fumes, let it make the server sit at %100 useage and put up a donation goal of server cost monthly and if that doesn't come in then call it a day.   

Biggest thing is time.   IF you have other stuff going on dont worry about the forum.   Let it be out of date etc etc.

• Staff
4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Remember views... That is counting all the numbers of bots looking too. When there is newer dated material it will be walked by bots and take up to 90 days before it scored and place on Google. Bots are drawn to new post and articles. Again codeing work to do it is more than just copy and paste. Being the SEO part requires a bit of extra coding. Google requires use of header tags ans sectional design of information. 

Yup being I'm turning wrenches, trying to get winters firewood in, repair my own truck, take care of server that need updating and then a move servers. Yup... Not a lot of time left in a day. Even today I've gotta pack to go south to doctors appointments for both of us. (7 hours of driving -minimum) @Wet Vette and myself both. Me so I can see. Like right now the screen is blurry and difficult to even see. Yup I need new glasses and heading to bi-vocal. turning 50 this month and already over the hill...

I've been there Mike, I've had bi-focals for years already, I turn 50 in December. Ugh, where did the years go?

• Owner
1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

Let it be out of date etc etc.

3 months left then all security will be gone. I'm on a outdated version of Linux. Currently I cannot even update the software or OS. This means that the security of the site will be compromised and possibly have hackers and other scams happen. I totally unable to update anything more being the base OS is out of date and no longer supported. Hence why I have to move servers. Then when the software starts to break down then down time will happen randomly and hacker will eventually tear it apart. 

4 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

let it make the server sit at %100 useage

Google will drop ranking lower as the page paint speed drops. Then traffic will die as well. That why I was trying to reduce the loading imes nad clean up the things that Google is whining about. But that comes back to the simple problem the server is out of date and no longer capable of serving in a timely manner. Hence why Google has 2,xxx URL it don't like on mobile devices. Then stack on that 75% of the traffic is on mobile devices. Hence why the ranking is slipping to 13 and down to 14. Being the problems are not being handled or fixed. Again time is require to keep this massive thing running. 

cPanel & WHM version 86 will continue to be supported through March 31, 2021. However, current OS will stop providing support for current OS version currently on all systems, including your server, on November 30, 2020. This means at that time they will no longer provide bug, security, or feature updates to OS. We encourage you to migrate to a server using an upgraded OS before November 30, 2020. Information about cPanel deprecation plan is available in our documentation.

Remove the OS name for security purpose. But that is the error message I've been looking at for few months now. So I let it hang it will be dead very soon. 

Issue is the site cannot pay you to keep the site in tip top shape.     There just isn;t enough money for that kind of management.  

I am guessing the upgrade is going to cost ~3k in time and a year of server bills.  Maybe do some sort of wikipedia thing on page launch and explain to people the cost and that the site needs them money to continue to run.  until that mark is hit then no server update and you just let it run itself into the ground?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Issue is the site cannot pay you to keep the site in tip top shape.     There just isn;t enough money for that kind of management.  

I am guessing the upgrade is going to cost ~3k in time and a year of server bills.  Maybe do some sort of wikipedia thing on page launch and explain to people the cost and that the site needs them money to continue to run.  until that mark is hit then no server update and you just let it run itself into the ground?

The situation sounds dire here.  I would be more than happy to pitch in a one-time donation towards the necessary  upgrade project above and beyond my annual subscription of $100 or whatever you need it to be for this to work.  If it needs to be $150/year I’m in.  I do feel there should be an easy way to donate to the site at-will as well.

I would think this could be crowd funded via the existing membership.

• Like 1

• Owner

Not that I know being i just dropped in funds 2 days ago. Invoices are still processing last time I looked. I had to more the tip jar because mobile users don't have a sidebar like desktop. Tip jar should fall in the bottom of the page.

@leety tip jar is there. It unrestricted and should process fine. Its at the bottom of the page. Again I had to move being mobile users don't have a sidebar like desktop.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I noticed the tip jar disappeared from the main page. I dropped a 20 in and the next day it was gone. I noticed some other people put some in adding up to 30, but nothing since it went off the main page.

If we have to be a pay to play, so be it. I was wondering if you were planning on doing a dedicated server, but I figured the bandwidth required in your neck of the woods would cost nothing short of your first born. 

44 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Not that I know being i just dropped in funds 2 days ago. Invoices are still processing last time I looked. I had to more the tip jar because mobile users don't have a sidebar like desktop. Tip jar should fall in the bottom of the page.

@leety tip jar is there. It unrestricted and should process fine. Its at the bottom of the page. Again I had to move being mobile users don't have a sidebar like desktop.

Perhaps it’s the blond streaks but I cannot find the tip jar.

52 minutes ago, leety said:

Perhaps it’s the blond streaks but I cannot find the tip jar.

Found it and put in $100.  That tip jar is too hard to find, unless you know it’s there.

There needs to be a link to that at the top of every page.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:07 AM, Me78569 said:

im just curious...do you think that the site runs itself??? any site for that fact. You have to put time and energy into ANYTHING that you want to be profitable!! I will NOT let Mike run this site "into the ground" NO ONE will be able to advertise for free!!! If you want to do that, go to Craigslist...im sure they have quality parts!!

• Like 1

• Owner

Like right now the tune prices are too low. Being @Me78569has the majority of the tunes and making pretty good income but since the site only get 10% of that is only 25 cents kicked back to M73M.com this has to change. 2.50 doesn't even provide me the fuel money to testing tunes out and tweaking. I will be raising my prices upwards of $30 bucks at least for tune work. I will not longer be selling 2 or 5 dollar tunes. There is no way to make any commission on file sales if everything is only making me CENTS! The site needs to see DOLLARS. In all the time I sold tunes only made $200 total ofr the year. This is absolutely STUPID. Working with a quality tuner and I've got a good knowledge on how to write good tunes again I know I worth more than a few cents an hour. I should have to WAIT YEARS to make a few hundred dollars for my efforts!

Here is exactly how much a year of building tunes got me at $2.50. I can no longer build tune at $2.50 a piece. That doesn't even buy me a gallon of fuel for testing. 

image.png

Screenshot from 2020-10-05 09-58-53.png

Then when you see the commission percent...

Screenshot from 2020-10-05 10-00-06.png

This isn't even making the website any real money by the time you take the 2.5% that Paypal takes there is even less. This is why prices have to go up. 

• Like 2

I said that %10 split was too little back when it was setup.   Change it to whatever % split it was never my intention to make $$ off of tunes.  

hosted tunes were not ever supposed to be custom tunes they were geared to be starter tunes ( AKA no testing of the tune I just adjusted fueling start points and posted it)   hence the price. and the disclaimer we put up.

If you want to get into the custom tune market then it should be at least $100 option in the tune download section or in the store.  Someone sends you their specs and you send them back something geared to their setup.       I dont see any reason why you shouldn't be doing this if you want to be in that market.  I don't want to be.  

• Like 1

Just now, dripley said:

Do you think that some sort of introduction statement should be up for prospective new members to explain why we are becoming a subscription based forum. So many folks are just used to getting free info almost any where you go.

Thanks for the feedback.  We most definitely MUST have that.  I'll be able to craft some language for that later today.

If you have any suggestions on ways to word that please let me know.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, leety said:

Thanks for the feedback.  We most definitely MUST have that.  I'll be able to craft some language for that later today.

If you have any suggestions on ways to word that please let me know.

I will right something up my brain is thinkinng and send it to you. Bit it will be tomorrow.

• Like 2