• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hey guys I bought a used edge comp last week & got it on the truck filled up with fuel and started driving..... only been a little more than half throttle 4 times and so far im about 80 miles short on this half tank of fuel....Looking for opinions here bad fuel ( i fill up at the same station every 2 weeks and this is where i get the best milage from).... winter fuel .... I wouldnt think so but maybe.... still a month early for that here it usually happens mid october...or unhook the pump tap next tank and see whats going on there... No fuel in the oil im checking that every 3rd day at the fire house after it sits 8-9 hours I changed the oil 2 weeks ago with the same ole rosmella.. still clean after 2 weeks usually black by now.no leaaks anywhere.. It runs good, real good, nice smooth power not as agressive as thte quad xzt+... I lknow no one can give a definate answer just looking for ideas and opinions.. Thanks guys

I changed from a xzt+ to my comp and didnt notice and different mileage. What settings/sub settings are you running?

Ive been running 2/4 or 3/3..I run these because this box is pretty smoky with my 100 hp injectors and can run 4/3 if i am extremely easy on the throttle... like i said i loved the truck before but now its just wow :thumbup2:

Mopar how easy is it to keep smoke at bay with that setting? Ive been thinking about trying 4/2 or 5/2 but dont know if its worth it because my truck became a train after the comp.. 3/3 seems good empty but not towing my lawn service trailer..2/3 -2/4 is working good for that and pretty controlled smoke...just driving up the one little hill i turn onto at the end of my street on 3/3 hazes pretty dark under light throttle... the neighbors there dont like my truck he holds his ears when im coming in in the evenings...Imagine if it were straight piped..I thought the aero turbine 4040xl did a good job it gave it a nice deep tone but not as loud.. well with the fuel milage the only thing i can think of is my fuel gauge might be reading right for a change... It does this every now and then... but usually 1/4 tank is empty & 3/4 = 2/3rds 1/2 = 1/3rd and 1/4 = walk.. Ill fill up thursday as usual and find out.. the comp realy woke this darn truck up! wow..stepped into it this evening about 2/3rds throttle to get out into traffic and could hear the tires bark when it hit second and third :thumb1: on 3/3 and not too smokey just a good light haze @ 34lbs of boost.With still more to be had goosed the throttle when it shifted to od and the boost gauge matched by showing 38 lbs.... now to make sure the waste gate is set low enough to keep it safe

• Owner

Mopar how easy is it to keep smoke at bay with that setting?

I can easy run 5x5 and control smoke without thinking but put my foot into it yeah I can roll a good cloud. But I ran 5x5 for over 2 years and was able to control 90% of my smoke and learn how to drive with it. But now with your turbo and injector combo I don't know how much boost it takes for you to clear it up. Like me at 10 PSI I'm good and clean 5x3 is prefect but since version 7.0 (I think) has the level bug I set level 4 to 4x3 as well. Then 3x4 since the reduced fuel there isn't enough to roll a good cloud. Then both 1 ans 2 are set to 1x5 and 2x5.

The police in this area dont like the diesel trucks anymore we have a large number of 16-20 somthing year olds that think its way cool to black out the sun as often as they can.. That tends to lend individuals like myself trying to explain the difference between low boost haze and joy smoke.. And its nothing to see 25-30 different diesel trucks nightly driving by the fire house trying to see how fast they can go between the traffic light and the stop sign...Maybe 350 yards... and get 2 or more in a row and it becomes a smoke show.. So until the kiddo's cool down any smoke is bad right now..... But hey man you gotta feed the addiction :evilgrin:

The 5 step program at its best :thumbup2:I admit I also like to see a good bit of smoke some times... lets me know the ole goat still has some play left in her lol... My common rail was stupid and it took well.... atleast 6 months for the need (Yes I said Need.. is that step 1 i 'm admitting to?) to break the tires loose at 55mph in 5th gear when ever i chose to or see the look on the guys face in the mustang gt when we took off at a light and he pulls away from me a few car legnths or so.. get to 4th and catch him grab 5th get loose and see his jaw drop as i pull away get to 6th and put serious distance between the vehicles... Step 2 was selling the truck and buying a house....Back to denial...bought the 01 and said ohhh Im not going to do that again that was nuts.....look at my sig...I admit im a junkie:spend:Koyote we wont hold your smoking habit against you.... That is unless you live in ky with a hunter green long bed with stacks that insist on giving the easisest going fireman I know a case of black lung while jogging...just kidding buddy it wasnt you.... Although this is whats happening in the city i work in by the hard heads around here... Just yesterday my old partner was jogging down main st (wearing an officeial t shirt identifying our department) trying to stay in shape for our occupation and deployment in march & was sooted not once but twice by the same jerk before he could get the reamaining 3 blocks to his house... that poor kid had better hope the compassionate fireman pulls him out of the truck and not his evil twin the soldier ....i have never seen that young man that upset in the 5 years he worked with me sorry guys not aimed towards anyone just needed to vent:tease: Back to the original post i learned today that if i slow down about 2 more mph turning onto my street the truck will down shift instead of just powering up the hill and no haze at all :woot:still relearning to drive the truck with the new tranny and edge combo...