• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Mechanic..

AH64ID

thats about like my 2yr old. daddy is working on his truck. she goes gets her bike rides over to the truck, and grabs a handful of wrenches so she can "fix" her ride.:lmao2:i try to encourage youths to work on their own vehicles by loaning tools/jacks/air compressors. seems like no one knows about vehicle maintenance. most people i know with automatic transmissions have never even changed the fluid!:stuned:

thats about like my 2yr old. daddy is working on his truck. she goes gets her bike rides over to the truck, and grabs a handful of wrenches so she can "fix" her ride.:lmao2: i try to encourage youths to work on their own vehicles by loaning tools/jacks/air compressors. seems like no one knows about vehicle maintenance. most people i know with automatic transmissions have never even changed the fluid!:stuned:

Actually all I give my son for his Birthday and Xmas is tools, he is 20 and it encourages him to tackle car repairs, he is a little insecure about it, waits until I am home from work, and walks past me and says, I am going to fix the car now. I just gave my 15 year old a neat little tool kit for his birthday too. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00944013000P?keyword=099575440137&viewType=gal&sLevel=0&prop17=099575440137

Actually all I give my son for his Birthday and Xmas is tools, he is 20 and it encourages him to tackle car repairs, he is a little insecure about it, waits until I am home from work, and walks past me and says, I am going to fix the car now. I just gave my 15 year old a neat little tool kit for his birthday too. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00944013000P?keyword=099575440137&viewType=gal&sLevel=0&prop17=099575440137

I can't really say anything about kids yet :lmao: Anyhow, Flman that is the most invaluable thing you can ever get. We have tonnssss of tools in our garage but I have gotten away with using the thing in the 2nd pic for a long time. Then my dad saw that and said what are you doing with that thing, then gave me that other one (1st pic). I would say 3/4 of my write ups or anything I have posted on this site has been using JUST the tools in the 1st pic. It is light and has everything you need in it so why would I bother lugging my tool box over then looking through different drawers for everything that is in that little kit. That screwdriver bit one has a socket wrench hole on the top, so if I tighten something down with it, then need to torque it, I just put the socket wrench on top of it. None of those things have broke somehow, and I have had breaker bars on the 14mm ones. I would sell the truck before I sold that :lmao: Yes, those are both 1/4" drive sets lol. The thing I wish they had done was went up to 1"/20mm. That thing is really fun to see how much pressure you can get on it before it breaks, and since nothing has ever broke I don't see why I can't have bigger sizes :lol: Alright, sorry for going off topic, back to the kids lol.

post-45-138698169494_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698169501_thumb.jpg

• Owner

Had a new mechanic look over the rig today. I got the big thumbs up!

Posted Image

That's cool! :thumbup2::cool:

It truely sad up here the local schools have shutdown the shop classes completely so the only thing the local kids know how to do is play basketball or football... Most of the kids blow up their car or truck and look for another because they don't have a clue on how to maintain or fix what they got...

But I'm glad to see AH64ID you got your kids involved in taking care of things. Teach them well! :thumbup2:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stepson had little interest in tools... I wonder what tools he has in the E.R. Step-Daughter liked doing with her hands... went off to college with her own tool box. When things needed fixing, she was the go to girl. Not much automotive, but she knows the basics.