• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Can someone help with factory height

9 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I think he said he measured from the center of the hub to the bottom lip of the fender.

I posted this on the wrong forum lol. I was asking in another place and someone asked me to measure my front spring height. 

2 hours ago, 01superb said:

Here’s mine. I’m not sure where you measured exactly. But I’m between 13-14” depending on where you measured. spacer.pngspacer.png

I just did a quick measure from the ground to the underside of the fender wells. Nothing that accurate.

11 hours ago, 01superb said:

4” just seems excessive. I can’t stand it with that much of a difference. I’m going to put a leveling kit on it which should close the difference to 1.5-2” instead of 4”. My truck looks like a sled pulling truck lol spacer.png

Thats a nice looking truck the way sits for my taste anyway.

14 minutes ago, dripley said:

I just did a quick measure from the ground to the underside of the fender wells. Nothing that accurate.

Thats a nice looking truck the way sits for my taste anyway.

Pictures don’t show it as bad as it is. I don’t mind a little rake but it’s excessive. 

48 minutes ago, 01superb said:

Pictures don’t show it as bad as it is. I don’t mind a little rake but it’s excessive. 

I like mine at 3", Not sure if 4" would bother me either. I used to deliver building materials looooonngggg ago. Every 3/4 ton I drove had a lot of rake to them empty. Always liked it.

2 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Hard to see much take in the pic I think. Doesn't look to bad to me, not my truck though. May look different from a different angle 

I am not a big tire guy myself but like how some of them look. The cool thing is we all own our trucks and can do any darn thing we like to them. My daughter dated a guy a while back. They came over in his brand new F250 all jacked on big tires and a lift so tall I could hardly see over the grill into the engine bay, and I am 6'4".

• Staff

My last truck (1995 GMC Z71) was lifted slightly. 3" suspension and a 3" body lift to clear the 33x12.5x15 tires I had for it. It was fun but the GM's start out so short anyway my dodge 3500 actually sits just as high as the GMC did. The GMC was very hard on steering and suspension parts. With the dodge I'm more concerned about it being reliable and longevity. I will leave it at the stock hight and run stock size tires on her. 

• Like 1

• Staff

Also need adjustable track bar, longer end links, longer shock absorbers and a realignment. Then when you load up the RV or whatever you'll hate the rear end sag. So next is the air bags, which need at least 10 psi all the time to not damage them. What a pain in the neck. The most I would ever do is a 1 inch level kit because when you measure the 2 inch lift kit, once installed, it's really more like 2 and a half inches lift kit. So one inch is the most you should do. Your right I'm no expert on the subject, but I know and experienced all I ever need to know

I'm sorry to be so stubborn as a mule on this. Someone may have a picture to post :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

Here is a picture of my '01 empty and loaded. It weighs 7800 lbs with all my junk. I haul commercial, sometimes heavy, so rather than airbags I spaced up my overloads to make contact sooner.

The factory rake is important if you haul/tow. 

1124181238.jpg

0712191557.jpg

downsized_0704151528a.jpg

• Owner

The whole thing behind the rake is so you can carry a load without your headlight shining in the sky because its swatting in the rear. Any leveling kit you put on the the rear will sag down when loaded. I've been up close to the 26,000 pound limit on my registration of my plates. 

Here I am with GCW of ~17,300 pounds, and about 62 foot long total. Sitting level. (Nevada 2020)

15915332979951430079351958718559.jpg

Another... My truck is always level towing. No need for lift in the front. 

DSCF4284.JPG

Level hauling 2 cords of firewood...

firewood.jpg

Another hauling hay... Five 1-ton bails that's 10,000 pounds just in hay on a bumper pull car trailer.

image.jpeg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

12 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Not to go off topic but, nice 5'er dripley

Notmso much so since the tree fell on it.

2 hours ago, 01superb said:

My truck measures 4” difference. If I do the front 2” level and it changes 2.5” then I still have a 1.5” rake. I’d be happy with that. 

Without the extra overload if you do load up heavy the rear will be squatted.

Dont let us beat you up to hard on leveling. If its what you want do it. Just do it right so you dont have regrets down the road.

• Staff

:thumb1: what he said. Lift it, level it, it's your truck, do it the way you want. Just do it safely. 

Like @Mopar1973Man explained earlier, make sure what ever you do that your alignment is correct to maintain the safety factor. When you do change things let us know what ya did and we like pics. Before and after maybe?

• Like 1