• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How much should a unpaid member get for access?

1 minute ago, dave110 said:

I noticed that after posting. Thanks for the communication. We need more of that so we know what's going on. There's too much info hidden in threads like this and if you are not following or on every day it's easy to lose track of what's going on.

Yes I agree.  If you get a chance would you mind reviewing any of the articles you have found helpful.  It’s bumps our search engine ratings and that actually helps alot.

• Owner
12 minutes ago, leety said:

What about offering an anonymous donation through gofund me or facebook or youtube?

Again No notifications, no links to user names to real names. Any thing we do should be link to the site. Then that entire problem goes away. All those do not link to the site then there is not bind of names like currently. User names blurred out here. You can see all the pending which people can in and started and quit. Again all transactions are traceable if any thing goes wrong I can sort it out from the website. Not jumping to paypal, then go fund me, or facebook or youtube. Again how do you bind a name from there to here. No way to keep thing straighten out. Current system you just work in one place. Don't have to chase to different sites and change different names. 

invoice.png

What I'm trying to do is make the system usable for ALL STAFF not just only me. So when you make the donations anon. then I am forced to handle the problems. If the current system is left in place then ANY Adimn, BoD's or any staff can fix the problem being they don't have to log into these different websites or me chasing name. Then I'm not having to set up account for all the staff in bunch of different sites. I'm trying to reduce my work load NOT increase it.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, leety said:

Thank you for all this info.  Very helpful.

I’m home all day today so I can work on the subscription page.  I just need the correct info for the data info etc.

Once we get the subscription page all sorted, we could do a raffle campaign with those parts and I could go into the cummins forum and traffic members to the site and hopefully get some of them to join and or man up and drop a tip in the jar.

To take anonymous donations out of the PayPal mess, What about offering an anonymous donation through gofund me or facebook or youtube?  These are places people already have accounts.  

Make it a no refund policy so we don’t have to worry about that, and it doesn’t matter who they are, their $ spends the same.  So we don’t need to worry about connecting those funds to users.

A review articles campaign email to all of our subscribers is another way to traffic existing users to the site as well.  

If we ask people to review articles that’s free for them.

Can unpaid users review articles?

Before we do any campaigns the subscription page needs to be sorted.

Non-refundable donation. I see that all the time for organizations, fire company, rod&gun clubs, etc. I still think guests should be able to donate. I understand the whole cost and tax thing believe me. I, like most others work full time and pay a hell of a lot more than 7k to the federal government each year, not to mention state, county, local, and property (school) tax on top of that yet. But to have to pay $100 a year for the ability to donate more is asking a lot IMHO. So basically then we're looking for that same group of 50 or so regular members to foot the bill. It will work for this year and then next year we'll go through this again like we did last year, and the year before that.

5 minutes ago, leety said:

Yes I agree.  If you get a chance would you mind reviewing any of the articles you have found helpful.  It’s bumps our search engine ratings and that actually helps alot.

Will do. I love the banner suggesting that folks review and rate the articles. I had no idea we could do that before. Again communication helps a lot. You're doin a great job of it by the way.

• Like 1

• Owner

Again I'm trying to reduce my work load not increase it. I want the staff to be able to handle the invoices and donations. Your currently asking me to handle all the books. If there is any problem I'm the only one can get into the paypal and fix it. Again putting way more load on me if there is double charges or failed transactions. If left on the system then ANY STAFF can fix it way it currently set up. Again I don't want to add to my work load but reduce it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Again No notifications, no links to user names to real names. Any thing we do should be link to the site. Then that entire problem goes away. All those do not link to the site then there is not bind of names like currently. User names blurred out here. You can see all the pending which people can in and started and quit. Again all transactions are traceable if any thing goes wrong I can sort it out from the website. Not jumping to paypal, then go fund me, or facebook or youtube. Again how do you bind a name from there to here. No way to keep thing straighten out. Current system you just work in one place. Don't have to chase to different sites and change different names. 

invoice.png

How critical is it to bind a user to anonymous funds?  I understand doing by person bean counting tracking of income for sales and subscriptions.  If someone were to send you a box of cash with $5,000 in it that was collected from 20,0000 people, does it matter who it came from?  Just count that income as $5,000 and call it a day.

If that $5,000 came from unique sources cannot that income be counted as a single lump of income per, day, week, month, year, rather than by transaction?

7 minutes ago, dave110 said:

Non-refundable donation. I see that all the time for organizations, fire company, rod&gun clubs, etc. I still think guests should be able to donate. I understand the whole cost and tax thing believe me. I, like most others work full time and pay a hell of a lot more than 7k to the federal government each year, not to mention state, county, local, and property (school) tax on top of that yet. But to have to pay $100 a year for the ability to donate more is asking a lot IMHO. So basically then we're looking for that same group of 50 or so regular members to foot the bill. It will work for this year and then next year we'll go through this again like we did last year, and the year before that.

Will do. I love the banner suggesting that folks review and rate the articles. I had no idea we could do that before. Again communication helps a lot. You're doin a great job of it by the way.

Thanks yea I raised my hand to volunteer because I try to do as much of the work as I can on my truck and without this sight I’d be screwed.  This site is the most credible source for info on my truck out there, hands down.  

I have to give back, and do my part to keep this valuable resource alive and well!!! 

• Owner
On 10/7/2020 at 9:09 PM, leety said:

Could we do something directly through pay pal and bypass our back end?

No. Again there is no name binding. Then again I'm stuck handling the problems being no other staff can login into paypal and ifx it. This places the work load back on me directly. 

If left so the site handles directly like it is then you may fix the account or donation issues directly through the back end. Now I'm out of the picture and any staff member can handle this then. You wouldn't be required to log into paypal but issue the refund or correct the charges from the back end. Again lighten my load. 

Most of you have no idea I got 14 tab open every day on my browser and all the different thing I've got to log into last thing I want to do is chase more. I'm trying to reduce my need for handling thing strictly myself but allow some of the staff to pick it up. More even tries to go anon donation the more and more you push me back to strictly handling everything again. Again why I'm trying to make it so the staff can handle it and I'm not called directly for transaction issues. It does happen. One of my last one with purchasing a high idle kit. His card refused to process and funds were not clearing to allow me to ship. I issued a refund from the back-end and then told him to redo the transaction. No problem this could of been handle by any staff. Again from the backend.

Switch to anon donations not so I'm stuck directly handling problem. No other staff can login...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I want the staff to be able to handle the invoices and donations. Your currently asking me to handle all the books. 

I'm not asking you to handle all the books. Not my intention at all. I guess I don't see why any of the staff can't handle donations if they can handle subscriptions?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Again I'm trying to reduce my work load not increase it. I want the staff to be able to handle the invoices and donations. Your currently asking me to handle all the books. If there is any problem I'm the only one can get into the paypal and fix it. Again putting way more load on me if there is double charges or failed transactions. If left on the system then ANY STAFF can fix it way it currently set up. Again I don't want to add to my work load but reduce it. 

No worries we have work to do.  Let’s organize it so we, the staff, can help more.  Many hands make light work. 

Let’s work in the more critical bits first.  I may be able to come up with another way to get anonymous donations that more elegant and doesn’t add to your work load.

• Like 2

• Owner
3 minutes ago, leety said:

No worries we have work to do.  Let’s organize it so we, the staff, can help more.  Many hands make light work. 

Exactly my plan. More hand on deck and more people split the work up with. As long as it to the back end no problems then all the staff can work the issues. 

Prime example. The company which produces "Invision Power Board" software. They do NOT have any office. The entire staff is scattered around the world. Their entire operation is ran strictly off there own software. Handling all the sales and donations. Then the entire staff can work different hours so technically they have 24 hour support since some of the staff is on the other island east of here. The have zero external software and handle over 456,344 members strictly with this software. heir staff has no phone system or number to call. All support is handled on the forum or in the back-end as a support ticket. Still to this day they sell there own product using their product. 

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Exactly my plan. More hand on deck and more people split the work up with. As long as it to the back end no problems then all the staff can work the issues. 

Prime example. The company which produces "Invision Power Board" software. They do NOT have any office. The entire staff is scattered around the world. Their entire operation is ran strictly off there own software. Handling all the sales and donations. Then the entire staff can work different hours so technically they have 24 hour support since some of the staff is on the other island east of here. The have zero external software and handle over 456,344 members strictly with this software. heir staff has no phone system or number to call. All support is handled on the forum or in the back-end as a support ticket. Still to this day they sell there own product using their product. 

Very cool!!!

11 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

4B2178B0-C961-49C6-AD58-C7CF1CBD74BA.jpeg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Glad to see @leety is working out. If I had the smarts for computer stuff I would love to jp in and assist. At this point it would be a training session and slow down the process. Then someone would have to fix my goofs. No good for moving forward lol.

Thank you I'm trying.

29 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

At one time I believe there was a go-fund-me account for this site. Isn’t that an option for donations. If this has already been addressed I apologize for bringing it up. 

All ideas are welcome!!

That's on my list of things to investigate.  We have to keep it simple on the bookkeeping end and paypal is a hot mess.  I need to find a simple way to have funds go to the site without any hassle.  Like a nice box of $ showing up at moparman's doorstep every month with no hassles or extra work.

1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

Glad to see @leety is working out. If I had the smarts for computer stuff I would love to jp in and assist. At this point it would be a training session and slow down the process. Then someone would have to fix my goofs. No good for moving forward lol.

You can contribute a lot by writing reviews for the articles and products.  That bumps our search engine ratings which help with add revenue.

Edited by leety

11 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

@leety, oh I have. I reviewed the site as a whole on google (business review I think it's called) and I have went back and reviewed and rated any articles that I have used for guidance this far. 

I try to be honest and do not receive or rate anything I have not used something from.

Yipeeeee thank you!!!

• Owner

I'm going to be working on the permission mask I found some area lock where they should then other open where they shouldn't. 

Now how much should monthly, quarterly or yearly going to get...Simple we are going to use the price as the amount. So 10 a month you get 10 MB storage, 10 PMs, etc. Quarterly will give 30 MB, 30 PMs etc. Then Yearly will get 100 MB and 100 PMs. Just looking at the amount of yearly access plans it possible to then to consume upwards of ~5 GB of storage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Russ Roth said:

Recently had the overhead banner show about subscriptions.  Without using pay pal how does one go about this?  I can use Visa or personal check.  This is what I have to pay with.

Your membership is good until it expires on 05/23/2021.

Once that happens you will want to go here to select one of the new plans.

https://mopar1973man.com/subscriptions/