• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2018 Ram 2500, no power low boost

Sycostang67

I'm working on a 2018 ram 2500 this weekend, truck is lifted with 37's but drivetrain is all stock except for an MBRP DPF back exhaust with 57k miles.  Owner recently noticed a severe lack of power and it makes very little boost.  I took it for a quick drive and with the pedal stuck on the floor it was like a pleasant sunday drive.  The truck will still get up to speed and maintain it but takes forever to get there.  I didn't notice any smoke from the tail pipe.  It has an engine light on but I went to look at the shocks, so I didn't bring my scan tool.  He's bringing it over sunday so I can take a better look and see what the light is about.  I'm wondering if these symptoms point to anything typical of these trucks to better prepare me for when it gets here.  

I never even got to check.  He cleaned the filter and an intake sensor and his buddy cleared the codes before he brought it over.  It had more power but he says it still isn't as strong as it was.  He had bought a new K&N filter to put in it but I advised him against it.  His job has him off road 90% of the time and I see how much dust passes through those things with city driving.  

I agree with the above, but will add that I would be suspect of the MAF sensor, considering he had a K&N in there. Most OBD tools will allow monitoring the Mass air flow.  It's possible the MAF is reading low, not allowing the ECM to fuel, spool and go.