• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Brake system

Brand new here hoping to get some advice. I noticed my drivers side front fender liner was getting oily the other morning and traced it back to the brake booster. I would like to replace both the hydro unit and master cylinder at the same time is this advantageous or should I not really worry about the master as it has no signs of leaking. Truck has 380k on it as it sits. Also any tips on changing one or both items would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance!

since you are gonna do major work on the brake system, might as well fluch it good too. i highly recommend getting this as it makes flushing/bleeding a breeze for one person... 

this specific one works for our trucks

https://www.motiveproducts.com/collections/domestic-bleeder-kits/products/chrysler-dodge-mopar-bleeder

• Thanks 1

• Owner

True. I just did one for a customer here locally and managed to squeeze out the hydro booster. Then split it open and replaced the seals. Then reinstalled. I will admit it was my first time of doing and there is a few then to be careful of... Like there is a small piece in the body which will most likely drop out when you split the body. Direction of that valve is important. Other than that the seal on the output shaft needs to be resealed most of the time. 

Total time for me was 3 hours. This is refilled and priming the system as well.

• Thanks 1

• Owner
3 minutes ago, dripley said:

Mine was staked like @Mopar1973Man mmentions. I did not do that seal and was very lucky it is not leaking. Yet.

Thank you. Yup that was what I was talking about just couldn't get off my tip tongue... Did the job for a local carpet cleaner truck he's got a 2001 Dodge. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1

You can separate the body no problem. IIRC the shaft passes thru a whole in one half. There is a piece of stamped metal that connects the plunger inside the hydro boost to the pedal shaft. The connector is the problem. It is stamped on which makes it difficult to remove and reinstall. That is why I did not replace that seal. 

• Thanks 1