• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Windshield Washer Reservoir Leak at Sensor.

• Owner

Might try removing the rubber grommet and then use a bit of sealant like seal-all or silicone (light amounts). Then reassemble and see if that works. If the rubber is truly gone and rotten then you might have to hit the part number books in the article section hunt down the part number for it and then do a web search for that part number and see what pops up. 

15 minutes ago, Leaky88 said:

NIsaacs,

Where did you buy the bottle?

Thanks.

Leaky

I got it from Rock Auto for $15.57 (CH1288112) but I see they have raised the price, maybe a different vendor.

http://www.rockauto.com/?carcode=1366602&parttype=10585

Here is one from Parts Geek:

https://www.partsgeek.com/p551t66-dodge-ram-2500-washer-reservoir.html

Edited by NIsaacs

3 hours ago, Leaky88 said:

Mine leaks where barb enters tank.
Can the grommet be replaced, if so where might I find replacement.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks Leaky

Looks like Leaky has a leaky. Mine is leaking too. I believe from the same area. Just cant seem to get to it. My lawn mower is getting all of the attention lately. Almost done on it though.

• Like 1

it’s all good. 

If something is not dripping from these diesels, the engine should not be turned over.

I have not timed the duration, but it appears to be a drip, a pause, a drip, vice drip,drip, drip.

I just want the fluid level to drip below sensor so I can examine/replace the grommet.  If I pull the sensor now, it will go gush, gush, gush, and Ill go cuss, cuss, cuss.

• Haha 2