• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift pump control guidance

Approximately a year ago my lift pump(Raptor)quit working because my ECM was misbehaving(WTS light only working part time). I hot-wired lift pump through a switch as I needed truck. I have since had ECM repaired and all is good, however I would like to know what the folks here would suggest I do with lift pump power.

Should I hook it back up to ECM, through a relay of course, or should I use @IBMobile ASD wiring article for lift pump power? I’m kinda apprehensive about hooking to ECM again but that would be simplest. 

Thank you in advance for your suggestions. 

I was going to go the ASD route, but the idea of tapping into a perfectly good wire while my ECM still has a working lift pump circuit didn't appeal to me. Just tripping a relay, there's no real risk of taxing the ECM.