• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

Approximately a year ago my lift pump(Raptor)quit working because my ECM was misbehaving(WTS light only working part time). I hot-wired lift pump through a switch as I needed truck. I have since had ECM repaired and all is good, however I would like to know what the folks here would suggest I do with lift pump power.

Should I hook it back up to ECM, through a relay of course, or should I use @IBMobile ASD wiring article for lift pump power? I’m kinda apprehensive about hooking to ECM again but that would be simplest. 

Thank you in advance for your suggestions. 

I'd go to ecm if it's working again. It's only using the voltage to power coil on the relay, just make sure to use protective relay that had a diode or resistor built in, most aftermarket pumps come with regular cheap relay.

IBmobil mod is great too.

• Like 1

I was going to go the ASD route, but the idea of tapping into a perfectly good wire while my ECM still has a working lift pump circuit didn't appeal to me. Just tripping a relay, there's no real risk of taxing the ECM.