Jump to content
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

    We can see you are lurking about reading the forums and article databases. We happen to be one of the most friendliest Cummins support website on the planet. Come on and register and grab a inexpensive subscription plan. With that you can unlock even more for you. Technical support either by public forum, private support ticket, and even unlock phone support by Mopar1973Man. Mopar1973Man.Com will remain FREE to read forever!

Recommended Posts

  • Administrator

So to keep it simple. The dollar amount of each plan is the number used for most of the setting. 

 

10 monthly - 10 MB space, 10 PMs etc.

30 Quarterly - 30 MB space, 30 PM's, etc.

100 Yearly - 100 MB space, 100 PM's, etc.

 

Staff and Vendors are in blue.

Subscribers are in green.

Unpaid members are in red. 

Old accounts / Obsolete are in standard grey text. 

 

This point any staff member can be contacted to support you with any account issues. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Board Of Directors
7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

So to keep it simple. The dollar amount of each plan is the number used for most of the setting. 

 

10 monthly - 10 MB space, 10 PMs etc.

30 Quarterly - 30 MB space, 30 PM's, etc.

100 Yearly - 100 MB space, 100 PM's, etc.

 

Staff and Vendors are in blue.

Subscribers are in green.

Unpaid members are in red. 

Old accounts / Obsolete are in standard grey text. 

 

This point any staff member can be contacted to support you with any account issues. 

I like simple.

 

I’ll do a quick mod on the copy there and we can bring back the subscription tooling later on this evening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

 You may have said this before but have all inactive members or expired members (after a reasonable amount of time of course) been removed from the roster for an accurate head count of active participants? 

That's easy...

 

Here is the current head count.

Screenshot from 2020-10-10 07-49-44.png

 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Board Of Directors
1 minute ago, Doubletrouble said:

 You may have said this before but have all inactive members or expired members (after a reasonable amount of time of course) been removed from the roster for an accurate head count of active participants? 

It’s my understanding that leaving all members in the system, weather active or not, keeps our numbers up and helps our search engine ranking.  We can see who is active in using search tools if we need to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Just now, leety said:

It’s my understanding that leaving all members in the system, weather active or not, keeps our numbers up and helps our search engine ranking.  We can see who is active in using search tools if we need to.

 

Let me correct that just a wee bit.

 

Larger membership roles are typically more desirable. Not to mention if I delete any old users then all his content will left as "Guest" and no longer editable or update-able to the author since his account is gone and all his content is disconnected. Perspective members like seeing large membership roles showing good activity.   I was stripping out old account in the past but it just make a huge mess of all the content. 

 

I can take the deadbeats out which registered and posted nothing again this will reduce the total membership roles. Being they posted nothing they have nothing stored on the system. Kind of a nasty circle. Can't disconnect the user from their content. 

 

Some time members like to contact the author of a article and get support. This just raised a flag for me. I need to provide at least some sort of basic PM for unpaid members to continue that chain currently its closed completely. 

 

Ok... Fixed.

 

All paying members can sent to unpaid member PM message regardless of PM box limits. The Unpaid members is not permitted to go beyond his storage. This now allows any subscriber now to contact article author and get support even if the author account is unpaid status. This keeps the support chain going.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

This part of the issue too. Now if a member drifts away and had unrestricted resources then one person could force the entire site to upgrade once again in a fast order hence why there has to be limits. I've seen this in the past when I left the download open to anyone Guest included. This force me to pay out of pocket for more bandwidth when the allotted bandwidth was used up before end of the month. So there has to be limits in place to prevent resource hogging. Now when the member drifts away the limits are dropped super low and would force him to clean up some of his/her mess just to come back and visit. Even if the user just leaves then the resources are limited on what he's consumed. 

 

The other problem like in the past lot of members used other picture hosting server like photobucket this poses another problem. Now when the user closes his/her photobucket or other hosting account all the articles, forum post are destroyed. Photos are missing and articles are difficult to say the least when the majority of the article is in pictures. This forces us to remove this articles and replace them. I've lost some serious great articles and lost email contact to the user. Really sucks...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Board Of Directors
2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

This part of the issue too. Now if a member drifts away and had unrestricted resources then one person could force the entire site to upgrade once again in a fast order hence why there has to be limits. I've seen this in the past when I left the download open to anyone Guest included. This force me to pay out of pocket for more bandwidth when the allotted bandwidth was used up before end of the month. So there has to be limits in place to prevent resource hogging. Now when the member drifts away the limits are dropped super low and would force him to clean up some of his/her mess just to come back and visit. Even if the user just leaves then the resources are limited on what he's consumed. 

 

The other problem like in the past lot of members used other picture hosting server like photobucket this poses another problem. Now when the user closes his/her photobucket or other hosting account all the articles, forum post are destroyed. Photos are missing and articles are difficult to say the least when the majority of the article is in pictures. This forces us to remove this articles and replace them. I've lost some serious great articles and lost email contact to the user. Really sucks...

yea that does suck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

I had a wonderful article on how to do Dana 80 pinion seal and bearing. The member shut down his Photobucket account and the entire article was lost. I tried contacting him but no reply. Majority the article was in photos with most of the text edited into the photos. This was a well written article but SEO wise it sucked being that Google can't read photos. 

 

 

Here is what we see as humans...

Screenshot from 2020-10-11 09-30-06.png

 

Now the same page what Google sees... Hence why articles should be a majority of TEXT and very few photos except when you need to clarification is needed. As you see all the background, colors, artwork, and photos are stripped. The only thing Google can see is TEXT and URL LINKS. That's it...

Screenshot from 2020-10-11 09-33-12.png

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Board Of Directors
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I had a wonderful article on how to do Dana 80 pinion seal and bearing. The member shut down his Photobucket account and the entire article was lost. I tried contacting him but no reply. Majority the article was in photos with most of the text edited into the photos. This was a well written article but SEO wise it sucked being that Google can't read photos. 

 

 

Here is what we see as humans...

Screenshot from 2020-10-11 09-30-06.png

 

Now the same page what Google sees... Hence why articles should be a majority of TEXT and very few photos except when you need to clarification is needed. As you see all the background, colors, artwork, and photos are stripped. The only thing Google can see is TEXT and URL LINKS. That's it...

Screenshot from 2020-10-11 09-33-12.png

 

Thanks that is a real eye opener.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...