• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cleaned up front end

BasicallyRemoved bull bar - painted MATT BLACK rather than gloss.Removed all bumpers (upper and lower trimPainted grey lower bumper BLACK (sandpaper first).Painted upper trim.Struggled for ages with epoxy and plastic tabs - gave up - used carriage bolts instead and sprayed Cleaned my lights from dull brown to sparking white - restoration/sanding kitPut it all back together.post-10132-13869816992_thumb.jpgShows cleaned leans with lens restoration and gray bumper before I painted black - had lots scratches alsopost-10132-138698169912_thumb.jpgShows upper trim which I resprayed blackpost-10132-138698169931_thumb.jpgShows back bumper panel - 1 resprayed (after) and one as off trauck (before) post-10132-138698169957_thumb.jpgShows before image of back of truckpost-10132-138698169974_thumb.jpgShows all my gear off for sanding and sprayingpost-10132-138698169994_thumb.jpgShows truck with bumpers and bullbar off

post-10132-138698169981_thumb.jpg

post-10132-138698169987_thumb.jpg

Yeah - I posted and then realized I don't have a pic of the completed job - as I had to finish off my tranny cooler and make a 300 mile trip home - and now she has bugs comming out of all ears !! Will spray her off and post pics next day or two. With regard to the clips ... man what a PITA --- I tried various epoxy/gorilla glue with old clips and new clips - juts not strong enough when you try and put in back in. So my dad said try some bolts .... I thought that was a dumb idea- but I put one in on side and sprayed it balck - and looks friggin awesome - kinda like a studded fender flare. So thats what I used - flush and looks great. Will post pics soon :thumbup2:

Well didn't get a chance to spray off the bugsbut here are some pics SO repainted gray trim to blackPainted gloss bullbar to matt blackcleaned the lenses etcI ended up using carriage bolts in a studded style as per pic.Looks 100x better than before - pics don't do it full justicepost-10132-138698170134_thumb.jpgShows the grapy trimp sprayed black, clear lights and the matt black bullbarpost-10132-138698170148_thumb.jpgShows the carriage bolts - gave a studded look - painted - and very strong - spent $15 on glue and pretend clips and 4 hours wasted - this worked and looked better in like 20 mins for $4.post-10132-138698170141_thumb.jpg The backside of the carriage bolt showing washer and nut to tighten/lock down.

Looks good man!!:thumbup2:

Yeah - I wish I had a good pic of the 'before' but never wanted a pic of it before :) You can get an idea of the condition of it from the pic at the top of thread where the trim and bull bar are all pulled off ready for cleaning/sanding/spraying ......... sitting on the ground grey trim was scratched and dull black trim was dull bullbar was scratched,small rust-missing paint etc trim didn't sit well due to missing clips etc :)